Health Issues My friend has poor circulation and feels the cold

jambun

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My friend Patricia aged 74 is eating a low fat WFPB diet which has done wonders but she still has poor circulation and feels the cold especially in her ankles. Its been an ongoing problem for many years. Any suggestions?

My friend Patricia aged 74 is eating a low fat WFPB diet which has done wonders but she still has poor circulation and feels the cold especially in her ankles. Its been an ongoing problem for many years. Any suggestions?
that are things many seniors deal with. best recommendation is to remind her to ask her doctor about those.

One thing I just learned is that thyroid conditions can involve feeling cold. Turns out there is a simple blood test that can measure thyroid health.

Does she follow Dr Greger?
What comes to mind is if she's getting enough calories, and eating healthy fats, dark low oxalate greens, and I believe beets in particular provide niacin, which promotes good blood flow
Of course exercise will help

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I get very cold feet too and it is related to my thyroid issue so she probably needs to get hers checked as you have to be on medication like I am. I did invest in some thick men's sports socks a few months ago (I'm a woman) and they have made a lot of difference, surprisingly. I think they are higher quality than the material they use for women's socks. I do use a foot spa with hot water in the winter too.

I was taught that when you drive BMW you take it to the dealer for repairs, because they specialize in making that car. When you've done all there is to do, turn to your faith in the Lord, known as our creator, and healer. I recommend praying in the name of Jesus Christ. and seeking elders for the laying of hands, so that the Lord God will receive all the glory when the miraculous happens and she is fully restored.

I am actually a member of the Baha'i Faith which is a pluralistic, cosmopolitan and multi-faith religion. We believe that science and religion should go hand in hand, a universal compulsory education, equality of men and women, the elimination of prejudice, an unfettered search after truth, progressive revelation (God sends Prophets to Earth all down the ages throughout history), the common foundation of all religions, Universal Peace upheld by a world government, extra-terrestrial life, and much more. We believe in two Prophets who were born in Persia in the 19th Century called 'the Báb (the Gate of God) and Bahá'u'lláh (the Glory of God). The Báb was shot by firing squad 9th July 1850 and Bahá'u'lláh spent 40 years in prison and exile and he wrote 100 volumes of Prophetic scripture. The Baha'is have been heavily persecuted in the Islamic Republic of Iran since 1844 and 20,000 of them have suffered martyrdom. We believe in the Prophets and messengers of all of the major religions including Jesus Christ. We believe that Bahá'u'lláh was the return of Christ. The Second coming awaited by Christians and Muslims has already occurred in the same way that the messiah who is still awaited by the Jews had already come ie Jesus Christ.

I am actually a member of the Baha'i Faith which is a pluralistic, cosmopolitan and multi-faith religion. We believe that science and religion should go hand in hand, a universal compulsory education, equality of men and women, the elimination of prejudice, an unfettered search after truth, progressive revelation (God sends Prophets to Earth all down the ages throughout history), the common foundation of all religions, Universal Peace upheld by a world government, extra-terrestrial life, and much more. We believe in two Prophets who were born in Persia in the 19th Century called 'the Báb (the Gate of God) and Bahá'u'lláh (the Glory of God). The Báb was shot by firing squad 9th July 1850 and Bahá'u'lláh spent 40 years in prison and exile and he wrote 100 volumes of Prophetic scripture. The Baha'is have been heavily persecuted in the Islamic Republic of Iran since 1844 and 20,000 of them have suffered martyrdom. We believe in the Prophets and messengers of all of the major religions including Jesus Christ. We believe that Bahá'u'lláh was the return of Christ. The Second coming awaited by Christians and Muslims has already occurred in the same way that the messiah who is still awaited by the Jews had already come ie Jesus Christ.
Hello my name is Jenny and I'm an anthropologist student studying vegans...
I was wondering if it was alright to interview you? I would like to learn about your views regarding the relationship with food and religion

I come from a background of 7th day Adventist and some of my family is vegetarian. My 1st question is did your religion play a role in you becoming vegan?

My religion promotes science and I have always loved science and by using the search engine on Amazon.co.uk I came across nutrition books and took it from there. Actually 'Abdu'l-Bahá the Prophet's eldest Son says something like "animal food is not forbidden but science has shown that our natural food is that which grows out of the ground."

• Friendly
Reactions: silva
My religion promotes science and I have always loved science and by using the search engine on Amazon.co.uk I came across nutrition books and took it from there. Actually 'Abdu'l-Bahá the Prophet's eldest Son says something like "animal food is not forbidden but science has shown that our natural food is that which grows out of the ground."
That's a good point... I come from a Christian background and now attend a 7th day Adventist church, which believe in the Old Testament, which commands to eat food grown from the earth. So I understand your stance.

Extra-terrestrial life? That's a hard one to prove.

Actually Dr Steven Greer (a Baha'i member) says people always say "where's the evidence?" when in actual fact there's so much evidence that its an embarrassment of riches. Watch out for his videos/DVDs. He's at SiriusDisclosure.com