Computers Moving RAM from one computer to another

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Is it possible to put RAM from an HP into a Lenovo?

I have an HP Pavillion Entertainment laptop (it was a hand me down) which suddenly will not turn on. I tried all the suggestions from the internet and nothing works and I don't have the money to find out the problem or repair it, so I thought I might be able to use the RAM in my working laptop.

Is it possible to put RAM from an HP into a Lenovo?
Disclaimer: I'm not very good with hardware, but these are my £.02 ...

It might depend on the exact models, how much RAM you have already in the Lenovo, and how much RAM is on each of the modules. If all the RAM slots are already filled in the Lenovo, then you're out of luck.

Thanks, I'll check that out. :)

Disclaimer: I'm not very good with hardware, but these are my £.02 ...

It might depend on the exact models, how much RAM you have already in the Lenovo, and how much RAM is on each of the modules. If all the RAM slots are already filled in the Lenovo, then you're out of luck.
I downloaded something called Speccy and it says I have 4 slots, 1 with 4gb, the other three are empty.

That sounds good! If the other laptop also has a 4 GB SIMM, you might be able to put it into your laptop.

Well, Speccy was wrong, it only comes with two slots normally. I took out the ram from the HP, opened this computer, and there was only the one slot, with an empty space where the second one should have been. :( I looked around online and a lot of people were complaining that they only had one slot as well. It's too far out of warranty to do anything now.

Oh well, 8 would have been nice, but at least I have 4.