Money matters re: £5 & £10 notes in uk.

Landi

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi guys, let's get our black permanent markers out & write on back of £5 & £10 notes "We want VEGAN notes". Let's get our message across & out in the open. Let's make a point of using cash & not our card in order to write on back of notes! Let's carry our marker with us everywhere!!! The Black Marker Vegan!!! Lol. Xxx

You can get charged for defacing bank notes.

As retailers can no longer charge you for using cards there is little need for notes. (Yes, I know not everywhere takes cards.) Any time I need (small) amounts of cash I get it in the bank in the form of coins.

I think that this is a small issue since only one cow dies per year to do all the bank notes, according to one calculation. I think campaigning on this issue will perhaps make vegans look over the top and may even lead to people being less likely to reduce their animal cruetly.

Last edited:
I think that this is a small issue since only one cow dies per year to do all the bank notes, according to one calculation. I think campainging on this issue will perhaps make vegans look over the top and may even lead to people being less likely to reduce their animal cruetly.

One cow is one too many but I know what you are saying.

Bank of Scotland notes are the most vegan-friendly but the manufacturer says they contain "trace" amounts of animal products. I'll stick to cards and coins.