Minimizing suffering at the zoo

planetintertek

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My parents are making me go to a zoo.
Is there anything that I can do to reduce my impact and minimize my support of the zoo while I'm there?

And pet breeding should be stopped, un-natural to breed these mutant creatures like cats and dogs. Minimize suffering in peoples homes.

hello and welcome to the forum

If I were to visit a zoo or suchlike again I would do what I did the last time I went to Seaworld in California, years ago. Every animal I visited (especially the dolphins and whales) I stood and quietly (or internally) told them I loved them, sent them peace and love and thanked them for their sacrifice. It brought tears to my eyes many times and also gave me some peace, knowing I was giving some to them.

Emma JC

The last time I went to the zoo was when I moved to the county where Mondays were free. I had always loved going to the zoo, but this time it impacted me far worse, especially certain areas. Our zoo does pretty well with education and conservation than most I guess, but my attitude really ruined the day for the people I was with, and quite frankly, I regretted that. I could have, and should have either thought better of it first, or looked at the better side and discussed how I felt about it later.
For every time you need to do or use something someone was exploited for do some form of advocacy as a kind of amends. You can write letters to congress and senate, participate in a protest, drop leaflets at strategic places.

You are an adult and you cannot be forced to do something against your will.
I know. It's easy to say in theory that I'm an adult and should be able to decide things for my self, but when they say "No. You're doing this" the way they've been saying it to me since I was born, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I know. It's easy to say in theory that I'm an adult and should be able to decide things for my self, but when they say "No. You're doing this" the way they've been saying it to me since I was born, I just don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Just reply politely but very firmly that you appreciate their gesture but have decided as from now on, to stop visiting zoos.:)

If you start to behave like an adult, they will in turn, treat you as one.