Milk kefir and inflammation ?

Vegangreenbear

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi all,

Hope all is well. I've mainly eaten everything and recently decided to go for the change to vegan since almost all meats bought have been rotten and decaying. I even bought a turkey to do pre Thanksgiving as a joke and it was rotten disgusting; it was an organic all natural turkey too, plainly disgusting to the point of vomiting. I assume the planet is rotting and almost everything's going bad, and the harsh truth is probably the veggies are next.

So I've quit eggs, fish, all meat and poultry. The area I am stuck on is milk kefir. Although it's dairy, does the bacteria change the milk so it doesn't cause inflammation? Dr. Walter Willett from Harvard University says all dairy causes inflammation, but milk kefir is said to have anticancer properties with all these things called immunomodulators.

Truth is it would take a government level honest lab to really run this test, but does anyone know from experience or a control trial article I missed?

Should milk kefir be good for health versus regular milk?

Probably will quit milk anyway do to strontium and other heavy metals that cause bone cancer but that is a whole other can of worms.

Last edited:
Um... I don't really understand what the heck you are talking about.

But .... milk is milk. Keifer is not magical milk.

Back when I drank milk, I did like Keifer because of the probiotics. And since then I continued to think that probiotics were something we should consume.

but a year or two ago my sister heard a Doctor on Science Friday say some stuff that made us doubt what we were told about probiotics.

Since then I haven't taken any probiotics, and I have continued reading about it when I see something new.
My major takeaway is that the bacteria need to get to your large intestine and it is difficult for them to survive the trip to make it there,
Also, gut bacteria have at least hundreds of different species. And Keifer has what? 14?

Reactions: kelli and Andy_T
Thank you for replying. You do have a valid point. Plus a lot more of the bacteria you are talking about, called normal Flora, comes from peels of fruit like the skin on apples, carrots and beets so getting only 14 types from milk kefir is just silly.

If anyone else has any input please share.

Again thank you to all.

Reactions: Lou
Another thing I might add is that casein is a known carcinogen. It's unlikely the kefir is casein free. So how about a little cancer with your probiotics? There's a plethora of information on this. Dr. T Colin Campbell literally wrote the book on it with his "China Study".

Read more here: https://nutritionstudies.org/provocations-casein-carcinogen-really/