Michael Vick Admits to Owning a Dog

I will never forgive that man what he did to those dogs. Won't matter how much he ever claims to be reformed.

Yep same here. Some things are just unforgivable and this is one of them. Plus the man shows no remorse whatsoever. The only thing he regrets is getting caught.

Face it, even if he gave away all of his fortunes to animal causes, wrote about it on Facebook, spoke about it in public, did voluntary work, donated his body and advocated for PETA, none of you would forgive him.

Wtf? Convicted animal abusers should forever be forbidden from owning another.
Depends on the circumstances.

Face it, even if he gave away all of his fortunes to animal causes, wrote about it on Facebook, spoke about it in public, did voluntary work, donated his body and advocated for PETA, none of you would forgive him.

Depends on the circumstances.
I think he is deeply sick for the torture he put the poor dogs through. Not just the fighting, but doing the other sick stuff to the dogs. Not normal! Plus he's an *** and an overrated, whiny football player to boot. (Oh, they tackled me too hard, I feel like a target on the field. My arm hurts, I can barely tie my shoe.) Pffft. No forgiveness here! Besides, he wastes all his money and will be broke within a few years after retiring anyway, so he wouldn't even have a decent fortune to donate.

Many fans of his new team are huge thugs who throw D cell batteries at the opposing team members, threw snowballs at Santa Claus one year, and taunted a player who had just lost his new baby. "How is your new baby son, Joe?" Perfect fit for Vick.

At the risk of sounding all "Pollyanna", a part of me wants to believe he's changed...it keeps my hope, however limited, in humanity alive. But maybe him never being allowed to have a dog should be the consequence he has to pay for his horrendous actions. If he truly changed he should accept that and find other ways to be an example for his kids.

Reactions: Kysska and Dedalus
You are right, of course, I do wish he was reformed. I am pretty skeptical. That statement released was written by his publicist, and notice it never mentions the word "dog."

Vick is honestly an idiot who has absolutely no idea of how to take care of a dog, never mind schooling the next generation in their care. :(

Reactions: Kysska and KLS52
I think he is deeply sick for the torture he put the poor dogs through. Not just the fighting, but doing the other sick stuff to the dogs. Not normal! Plus he's an *** and an overrated, whiny football player to boot. (Oh, they tackled me too hard, I feel like a target on the field. My arm hurts, I can barely tie my shoe.) Pffft. No forgiveness here! Besides, he wastes all his money and will be broke within a few years after retiring anyway, so he wouldn't even have a decent fortune to donate.

Many fans of his new team are huge thugs who throw D cell batteries at the opposing team members, threw snowballs at Santa Claus one year, and taunted a player who had just lost his new baby. "How is your new baby son, Joe?" Perfect fit for Vick.

Jesus! This is awful. What a horrible excuse for a human being. It's disgusting how someone can lack any type of compassion.:mad:

I also totally agree with you about Vick. He's a psychopath.

Damn right!

Reactions: Kysska and Dedalus
I don't think Vick should be allowed around nonhuman animals unsupervised, just like I don't believe that convicted child molesters should ever be around children unsupervised.

Repentance is not really the issue, although IMO, enjoyment in the infliction of pain, especially over a prolonged period of time, is an issue of basic character and is not something that is *cured.*

I think in the UK people can be banned from owning an animal in cases of previous cruelty but I have no idea how that could ever be enforced?

Many fans of his new team are huge thugs who throw D cell batteries at the opposing team members, threw snowballs at Santa Claus one year, and taunted a player who had just lost his new baby. "How is your new baby son, Joe?"

That is disgusting.:(

I think in the UK people can be banned from owning an animal in cases of previous cruelty but I have no idea how that could ever be enforced?

That's really cool. Perhaps their names go on a list and sent to all local shelters and pet adoptions agencies along with vet offices? I wish this was a law here. Way too many people that abuse animals end up either getting to keep the animal or getting another one. :(