Medieval Killer Rabbits

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
The image of cute little bunny rabbits doing horrible violence to people is strangely adorable – watching the twitchy nosed little guys beat the hell out of people who’d normally have then for dinner with Rosemary, thyme and sage – but it does beg a simple question: what the hell is going on?
More: Why Are There Violent Rabbits In The Margins Of Medieval Manuscripts? (May 2, 2015)

It seems perhaps this kind of thing was actually the inspiration for the killer rabbit scene in Monty Python's movie The Quest for the Holy Grail:
The idea for the rabbit in the movie was taken from the façade of the cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris. This illustrates the weakness of cowardice by showing a knight fleeing from a rabbit.[14]
From: Rabbit of Caerbannog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not sure who to admire more for the gift of procrastination ... the original author for writing it, you for finding and sharing it here, or myself for reading it. Anyway, interesting.

I admit I read your post because I really like the Rabbit of Caerbannog.

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
You have got to be sh*tting me!! I just watched Holy Grail (for the umpteenth time).... twice in the last couple nights, including tonight. With both commentaries. I was inspired... & I just NOW saw this post. o_O I'll make it quick, I have pasta that's degrading as I type....

I adore Monty Python... was re-inspired when I performed in The 39 Steps (Hitchcock meets Python, it was a friggin' hoot).... next season they're FINALLY doing Spamalot. I haven't liked musicals in many years, I HAVE directed shows successfully, there is a certain pretty famous musical genius/pianist/arranger/etc.-extraordinaire that WILL do the music for the show IF a certain douchebag (who seems to direct ALL musicals now.... ick) does NOT direct it. And said genius is a very good friend of Jer & myself. Hell, we all knew each other in the old days at the theatre... me being almost a decade younger, however.

Anyhoo, I feel a sort of indignant duty to NOT let the usual musical director dude get his stupid jazz-hands on Spamalot.... I guess I was doing a bit a research. It might even be too late to put in for the directing gig. And I hate musicals.

BUT IT'S MONTY PYTHON!! :bang:

Jeepers, I'm just rambling now.... just thought it was a freaky coincidence. :p

Last edited: