Meatless McDonalds Petition

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
http://www.cok.net/blog/2014/02/consumers-urge-mcdonalds-to-offer-mcveggie-meals/#

There seems to be a huge divide among veg*ns regarding this petition. I think it's a great idea. I personally wouldn't go to McDs for this, but I think it's great that there would be a meatless option for others. Any veggie option opens up the possibility of omnis trying something different and opening up their minds to a meatfree diet.

I signed the petition. I also think it's a good idea. Burger King has offered a veggieburger for a while now, and the world hasn't come to an end. It would certainly make life a little easier for some people. Not everyone has access to a vegan restaurant.

http://www.cok.net/blog/2014/02/consumers-urge-mcdonalds-to-offer-mcveggie-meals/#

There seems to be a huge divide among veg*ns regarding this petition. I think it's a great idea. I personally wouldn't go to McDs for this, but I think it's great that there would be a meatless option for others. Any veggie option opens up the possibility of omnis trying something different and opening up their minds to a meatfree diet.
I'm with you. While I likely wouldn't go there, I think something as big as McDonald's offering a meatless option is a start. I, too, wish the BK veggie burger was vegan.

Reactions: Danielle
I would got at all, I am more leaning on Veganism and i will refuse this… Yes its a great start for those that would like it but its not for me…

Dear Ronald,

Please can you stock this item so I can refuse to buy it ..
The problem with people asking for something they won't buy is that when McDonald's realizes the demand is much smaller than the asking made it seem, they'll take it off the menu. And this could scare away other places from offering meatless options, as it makes it look like a bad business move / waste of time & money.

I'd be okay with a veggieburger at McD's if they were really sincere about wanting to offer something veggie to their customers. Burger King has a veggieburger, and they don't promote it at all. Maybe it's because they don't get a ton of requests for it, but every so often they put out coupons for specific items, and there's never a coupon for their veggieburger. It's never mentioned in any of their commercials. I'm willing to bet that as a result of this, a lot of people who would get their veggieburger don't even know they have one. Based on this, I doubt that McD's would do anything to promote a veggieburger if they made one available.

Reactions: thefadedone
I'd be okay with a veggieburger at McD's if they were really sincere about wanting to offer something veggie to their customers. Burger King has a veggieburger, and they don't promote it at all. Maybe it's because they don't get a ton of requests for it, but every so often they put out coupons for specific items, and there's never a coupon for their veggieburger. It's never mentioned in any of their commercials. I'm willing to bet that as a result of this, a lot of people who would get their veggieburger don't even know they have one. Based on this, I doubt that McD's would do anything to promote a veggieburger if they made one available.

I agree. I always forget they have it also. I think it also doesn't help that the veggieburger is three times the price as their other burgers. They are always promoting their other burgers for $1.00 yet the veggieburger is $3 or $4. People want fast cheap food. They also failed by not making it vegan and cooking it in the microwave. Maybe if they marketed it better, made it affordable, appetizing and appealing it would've been more successful.