Omni, low-carb diets may'shorten lifespan'

It's a big pile of poop. Nutritionfacts.org looked at paleolithic poop, over 100 grams of fiber. They didn't get it by eating meat. Even when I try to eat a lot of fiber, I eat 40-60 grams of fiber with no meat, they had to be extraordinarily busy, working hard, eating lots of fiber, plants.

Processed plants or just plants whole? I eat ww sprouted bread so some of the ww is ground into flour. The oats are steamed and rolled. I don't buy processed food usually. We buy almost everything from the produce department plus drop shipped oats, flour, whole grains, beans.

Reactions: Emma JC
I hate the popularity of the paleo diet. It has got to be the stupidest diet in the world. Even worse than Keto.

Even the name is stupid. There were no caveman in the Paleozoic.
This ones stupider-- The Pegan Diet!
It's 'vegan' and paleo--------but of course not vegan at all, just like flexitarian, but with paleo limitations

Recent studies confirm older findings that although humans have eaten red meat for two million years, heavy consumption increases atherosclerosis and cancer in most populations—and the culprit isn’t just saturated fat or cholesterol. Our gut bacteria digest a nutrient in meat called L-carnitine. In one mouse study, digestion of L-carnitine boosted artery-clogging plaque. Research also has shown that the human immune system attacks a sugar in red meat that’s called Neu5Gc, causing inflammation that’s low level in the young but that eventually could cause cancer. “Red meat is great, if you want to live to 45,” says Ajit Varki of the University of California, San Diego, lead author of the Neu5Gc study.

Ancient leftovers show the real Paleo diet was a veggie feast

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou