Nutrition & Diet May Health Challenge

Well here we go again! I did not do well in April. I did go to the gym several times but I have not lost any weight. This month I am cutting out MOST of my sugary treats and going to try to eat more "real" food. Hopefully this will get these pounds off!

Hiya, Chryssie! Good for you on your goals for the month. You can do it!
I did great on exercise during April, but I stayed exactly the same weight, lol. This might be just where my body wants to stay, so I will still focus on keeping up the exercising and eating in a healthy manner. I was on vacation the last week of April/first week of May, so I will be cutting back on junk because I think I ate enough in one week to cover the month, haha!
So:
I pledge to keep exercising five to six days a week (and doing the Shred level 1), drinking plenty of water and eating sensible meals. I also want to cut back on the sugar and crunchy snacks that aren't vegetables. :D

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I am doing soooo good with my exercise. Couple of days cardio a week, a couple of days 30DS a week & the 30 day squat challenge every day. Works well!

Kind of improved my eating as in I'm now eating 3 big healthy meals every day & lots of good snacks. But I'm still on those treats (chocolate) every day too haha. I don't really care anymore as I've realised I can't pretty much eat whatever the hell I want to with this exercise routine. I eat 2000-3000 calories every day & stay at the weight I am now which is healthy & where my body wants to be.

The abs are coming along nicely. The 3 lines going down are well defined & the line going across is starting to peek through.

How are you finding the 30DS PTree? :D

I am doing soooo good with my exercise. Couple of days cardio a week, a couple of days 30DS a week & the 30 day squat challenge every day. Works well!

Kind of improved my eating as in I'm now eating 3 big healthy meals every day & lots of good snacks. But I'm still on those treats (chocolate) every day too haha. I don't really care anymore as I've realised I can't pretty much eat whatever the hell I want to with this exercise routine. I eat 2000-3000 calories every day & stay at the weight I am now which is healthy & where my body wants to be.

The abs are coming along nicely. The 3 lines going down are well defined & the line going across is starting to peek through.

You sound so healthy and happy! :)

Reactions: PTree15
I have postponed all my good intentions... But it's only two months to the kennel camp, and I want to drop almost 8 kg before that! I was at the heaviest I've been in a long time last year, and I want to look a bit better this year. So I'm not only the fat one... :p My BMI is now about 29 (again...), and with 8 kg down it will be at about 26. Not "normal weight" yet, but I hope I get under the 25 mark this year (I'm not THAT focused on the weight, as I know muscles are heavier than fat, most important is to get smaller allover).

So May the 12th is the date Mikkel has to take a real grip on his life to get more fit! (Yeah, you heard it before. :p ). I need to loose fat, and get some more muscles. Special in my upper part of my body (my legs are strong).

My plans:
- Doing a 2 x 30 day push up challenge. I have a problem with a wrist, so I thought I start easy. 30 days on my knees and then 30 days regular
- 30 days crunch challenge
- Start to run interval (can't run with dogs off leach now cause of Norwegian laws, and too hard for my legs to run with Noomi in leach)

Clean up my diet:
- Get back to the at least 51% raw food. I was so well in fall 2013, and think my diet has something to do with it. Eating only one cooked meal a day (dinner).
- No sugar, no gluten
- Drinking only water for thirst

So. Hit me hard if I don't take a grip of my life now!

And if I could, I want to look like this....

frank_medrano_scr4.jpg

Last edited:

OMG, I am so jealous. I would blow up like a balloon if I ate 2,000-3,000 cals a day even with exercise. You lucky woman, lol.
Anyway, I am loving the 30DS! I've been mixing it in with my cardio workouts. It's a nice change of pace, and I'm already finding my endurance for the treadmill improving because of the shred. I think it helps a ton with lung capacity. I have been sucking much less wind while doing it, though I'm still not ready to hit level 2 yet. That will come, though.

Mikkel, I like your plan. You can do it. :)

Reactions: Mikkel
8.5 km walk with the dogs today. Started on the push up challenge, but found out I should do a crunch challenge insted since it's my upperbody that need muscles.

Way to go, Mikkel!
I did a Leslie Sansone video today (3 fast miles, with my own HIIT added in for good measure) and yesterday I did the treadmill and climbed 1,962 feet. :D If the weather is decent tomorrow, my work colleague (and workout buddy) will walk around the grounds at work. There are some good hills in our course.

OMG, I am so jealous. I would blow up like a balloon if I ate 2,000-3,000 cals a day even with exercise. You lucky woman, lol.
Anyway, I am loving the 30DS! I've been mixing it in with my cardio workouts. It's a nice change of pace, and I'm already finding my endurance for the treadmill improving because of the shred. I think it helps a ton with lung capacity. I have been sucking much less wind while doing it, though I'm still not ready to hit level 2 yet. That will come, though.

Mikkel, I like your plan. You can do it. :)

That's what I made the mistake of thinking too, haha. For many years trying to limit my calorie intake with bad consequences....maybe I just needed this much food all along. But you really can eat that much if you are active enough. I guess not for someone who is overweight trying to lose fat though. Also my metabolism is probably back to being pretty good now because it definitely wasn't before. I am just hungry all the damn time.

It's really good isn't it! Perfect short workout but extremely effective :)

I have postponed all my good intentions... But it's only two months to the kennel camp, and I want to drop almost 8 kg before that! I was at the heaviest I've been in a long time last year, and I want to look a bit better this year. So I'm not only the fat one... :p My BMI is now about 29 (again...), and with 8 kg down it will be at about 26. Not "normal weight" yet, but I hope I get under the 25 mark this year (I'm not THAT focused on the weight, as I know muscles are heavier than fat, most important is to get smaller allover).

So May the 12th is the date Mikkel has to take a real grip on his life to get more fit! (Yeah, you heard it before. :p ). I need to loose fat, and get some more muscles. Special in my upper part of my body (my legs are strong).

My plans:
- Doing a 2 x 30 day push up challenge. I have a problem with a wrist, so I thought I start easy. 30 days on my knees and then 30 days regular
- 30 days crunch challenge
- Start to run interval (can't run with dogs off leach now cause of Norwegian laws, and too hard for my legs to run with Noomi in leach)

Clean up my diet:
- Get back to the at least 51% raw food. I was so well in fall 2013, and think my diet has something to do with it. Eating only one cooked meal a day (dinner).
- No sugar, no gluten
- Drinking only water for thirst

So. Hit me hard if I don't take a grip of my life now!

And if I could, I want to look like this....

frank_medrano_scr4.jpg

Sounds good :D you can do it.

That's what I made the mistake of thinking too, haha. For many years trying to limit my calorie intake with bad consequences....maybe I just needed this much food all along. But you really can eat that much if you are active enough. I guess not for someone who is overweight trying to lose fat though. Also my metabolism is probably back to being pretty good now because it definitely wasn't before. I am just hungry all the damn time.

It's really good isn't it! Perfect short workout but extremely effective :)
Lol, my age doesn't help, either, but I still manage plenty. I sit here on my deck stuffed from a meal of pasta with veggies, garlic bread and wine, lol. The good part is, I now get full on half of my previous intake, and I have plenty of energy for the awesome shred! The other day, a much younger colleague told me I was walking too fast on our way to the cafeteria, lol. :D the shred rocks, that is all!

Lol, my age doesn't help, either, but I still manage plenty. I sit here on my deck stuffed from a meal of pasta with veggies, garlic bread and wine, lol. The good part is, I now get full on half of my previous intake, and I have plenty of energy for the awesome shred! The other day, a much younger colleague told me I was walking too fast on our way to the cafeteria, lol. :D the shred rocks, that is all!

I saw the pic! It looked amazing! Yum.

Well that's all good then, I just think people make the mistake of trying to ignore their hunger because they think they've had enough or too much. If you're hungry you're hungry. Eat something healthy righhhht?

Haha I walk too fast too. It's good to have a shred buddy :D

Reactions: ledboots
I saw the pic! It looked amazing! Yum.

Well that's all good then, I just think people make the mistake of trying to ignore their hunger because they think they've had enough or too much. If you're hungry you're hungry. Eat something healthy righhhht?

Haha I walk too fast too. It's good to have a shred buddy :D
Lol, indeed it is! I walked 8 miles today, woot woot, and will shred it tomorrow! My hiking trip is a month away so I am upping mileage and intensity. My time in the walk was excellent, as I did a 4 mph pace... With hills! I was very happy. And you are right about eating when you are hungry. Do it, I say. It's when you are not hungry and eating when it becomes a problem.

Reactions: hungryraccoon
Bf bought me some protein powders, all natural with no sweeteners or flavourings etc. Pea, soya, hemp & rice protein.

Hoping this can help with the insane hunger.

Just need a shaker so I can mix it with almond milk until I get my juicer. :)

I hope you guys do a June challenge...I joined WW and had a good first 9 days. Got up and moved around 5 of those days. Slow, slow start but it's a start. I'm feeling motivated for the first time in a long time. :)

Reactions: ledboots