Maximum amount of characters in a post

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I can't find this question anywhere. I may do a very long post to begin a new thread eventually. Is there a maximum amount of characters(letters, numbers, etc.) that are allowed in one post?

I think the max length it's 10,000 characters. If that's not enough, just continue in the next post.

I'm not sure we have the attention span to read such long posts though. It would have to be some quite fascinating material.:)

Edit on 22. Aug. 2014: The limit has been increased to 32,500 characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
I can't find this question anywhere. I may do a very long post to begin a new thread eventually. Is there a maximum amount of characters(letters, numbers, etc.) that are allowed in one post?

For very large post, please try to avoid "wall of text" or "streams of conciousness" and remember to break your post into meaningful paragraphs with indents or a space between the paragraphs, etc to make it easier for people to read.

One freeware program you might like if you run Windows is called Text Tally. It automatically looks at the text in your Clipboard and counts up the number of characters and words.

Overview:

Small, handy utility used to count the amount of words and characters in any
text which is copied to your clipboard. Just have it running (optionally in
your system tray), copy any text to the clipboard, and it is automatically
inserted into the program and the number of characters and words in the text
is tallied and displayed for you.

Fast and simple.

By Harmony Hollow Software.
Text Tally Screenshot

How many characters does a Chinese character count as? If just one, then I can express more in Chinese than in English before hitting the max, making the limit discriminatory against English speakers.

Reactions: KLS52