Mathematics on The Simpsons

Raven

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I read about that or maybe it was a video on YouTube.

Hog

Practitioner
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan newbie
The Simpsons writers like to make fun of math snobs in my opinion. I recall having a very stuck up teacher. I got tired of her insults about my work ethic and my attitude towards math class.

Then I thought, "Does she write fancy stuff on the chalkboard to make herself look more intelligent? I got more supiciouse when I noticed that she always needed her notes when she gave a lecture in class. If she truly knew her topic, she should not need to refer to her notes.

I was done listening to stupid people teach what they don't know. I decided to enroll in college courses rather than spend another year listening to stupid. After a couple years I knew far more math than most high school teachers in Arizona. That is not saying very much. But, it is the truth.

I suspect that Homer is the ultimate math genius. Unfortunately, it would take a genius to recognize his true natural ability. This is the true meaning behind the jokes.

I know people who dance beautifully, self taught themselves to play piano, or design & build their own homes. They say they are no good in math.

I tell them that it impossible to do any of that stuff and not be good in math.

I suspect that many spieces of animals know more math than humans. But, we are too stuck up to appreciate brilliance in another species.

Last edited:

edde

Devotee
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Did you know Mona on The Simpsons was named after Steve Jobs' actual sister Mona Simpson who was in a relationship with the creator of The Simpsons...

• 😍
Reactions: Hog
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R TV & Film The Simpsons Media & Entertainment 12
Calliegirl 'The Simpsons' co-creator buys Sea Shepherd a new ship General Discussion 2