Malk ... Non Dairy Milk

I did not because I didn’t want to spend $5.79 and then not like it. Plus there were too many options. They had Malk coffee drinks and the pecan milk...it was overwhelming. I wouldn’t buy the coffee one because of the caffeine but it sounded good. I might go for one of the mills another time. But sometimes I feel like I should just stick with my cashew milk since I like it so much and it’s so low in calories, considering the amount of times I actually consume milk.

I have heard of it but I don't think they do it over here. I always buy almond milk now. I used to drink soya.

Bought some Sproud a couple of days ago. It's a "milk" made from peas and I was surprised at how good it was. It tastes like a vegan milk but has the creaminess of cows milk.

Reactions: Val and shyvas
It’s not that I”m doubting you, but usually anything with pea protein tastes absolutely vile to me. But I would give the milk a try because I usually have to try everything at least once. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not that I”m doubting you, but usually anything with pea protein tastes absolutely vile to me. But I would give the milk a try because I usually have to try everything at least once. :)

I've never tasted pea protein milk but do like it in various savoury protein based foods.

The halo non dairy ice cream has pea protein and it’s all you can taste. :yuck:

I’ve also had protein drinks with pea protein and they just aren’t palatable to me. I even tried the powdered pea protein and tried it in my own shakes with peanut butter and banana but it just doesn’t work for me. Different strokes and all. :)

I’ve also had protein drinks with pea protein and they just aren’t palatable to me. I even tried the powdered pea protein and tried it in my own shakes with peanut butter and banana but it just doesn’t work for me. Different strokes and all. :)

Some protein shakes certainly do taste better than others.

I like Ripple and Silk Nut Protein which is a combo cashew and pea protein.
But why is it called Malk? A take on milk? Sounds stupid and pecan milk sounds horrid :eek:
Man what a market now! Even Quaker oats joined the bandwagon with oat milk!
Wouldn't be surprised to see chia milk :rolleyes:

I've been seeing on serving 'overnight oats' selling for anywhere from $3. to I think $5.99 in little glass jars :weird:
You'd have to be stupid or rich enough to not care!

Maybe they should give up on trying for a "sweet" or "milky" taste and just go for something like a pea soup flavor. Hmmm... maybe a savory ice cream, complete with bits of Fakin' Bacon substitute?... I suppose it would be a good idea to warn consumers what it would taste like.