Making meat eaters feel guilty

CrazyCatLady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
So I said I wanted to wear my new running vest when I do a group run Christmas morning. The vest is for Vegan Runners.

Someone close to me ( omni), said "hmm, so you're going to make everyone feel guilty before they go eat their Christmas dinner?"

There are many answers to respond with, but what do you think is the best one? Not sarcastic etc. Genuine best replies please xxx

The shirt just says "vegan runners"? If so I'd just ignore them, or ask if/why the word "vegan" makes them feel guilty? I would probably just ask them about why they said it, rather than try to defend myself, because really there's nothing to defend.

If it was a shirt with a picture of a load of factory farmed turkeys and the word MURDERERS on it, I might see their point. :rofl:

If they feel guilty when you wear that vest, they are heading in the right direction! So run with it, and be proud!

Reactions: KLS52
So I said I wanted to wear my new running vest when I do a group run Christmas morning. The vest is for Vegan Runners.

Someone close to me ( omni), said "hmm, so you're going to make everyone feel guilty before they go eat their Christmas dinner?"

There are many answers to respond with, but what do you think is the best one? Not sarcastic etc. Genuine best replies please xxx
I would say that their guilt is not your responsibility. If someone wears a bacon t-shirt, I can look away. So can they if your shirt hurts their little *feelings*.