Luvtofu

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Sorry- could not resist using this banned Maine vanity license plate as a Header

Also the Daily Shows coverage of this news item was disappointing and bad.

But to kick off this new topic here is a good introduction to Tofu. Actually we all ready have a few topics on Tofu but I wanted an excuse to use this joke.

I had this craving for tempura. Coincidentally my sister had a hankering for Japanese food too so we went out to eat at a really nice Japanese restaurant that she like. I had the Tempura and gave my sister the shrimp.
We split an agedashi tofu for an appetizer. I've never had agedashi tofu before. It is so good. Now I want to learn how to make it.

Reactions: KLS52
Sorry- could not resist using this banned Maine vanity license plate as a Header

Also the Daily Shows coverage of this news item was disappointing and bad.

But to kick off this new topic here is a good introduction to Tofu. Actually we all ready have a few topics on Tofu but I wanted an excuse to use this joke.

The only tofu I'd want from that article are the ones prior to being cooked --to death! I so dislike tofu overpressed, frozen and over cooked

The agedashi tofu however sounds delicious! I use starch to coat reg tofu, but never tried with silken. I just saw this done on a food network show over the weekend too!

Reactions: Lou
Oh no.

Just discovered that traditional agedashi tofu is not vegan.
Egg based tofu- I didn't know there was such a thing. also bonita flakes and maybe some other things.
However my sister thinks the agedashi tofu we ate yesterday was made with regular tofu and did not have bonita flakes - just ginger.

I did find a vegan version

and an air fryer version

and a YouTube video

I don't know that ive seen egg based tofu either!
Bonito flakes though :yuck: , gotta watch for that. I'm not sure if dashi always has bonito or not?

Oh, I have seen egg tofu at the Chinese market!
eggtofu.jpg

Reactions: Lou

I hadn't heard about the story so I looked it up.

The state concluded the license plate “LUVTOFU” could’ve been seen as a reference to sex instead of admiration for bean curd.

It took me awhile to see the sexual reference. I guess my brain is "sinful"/"vulgar" than the "pious" people of Maine.

Last edited:
I didn't sleep well last night and have not had any caffeine. I don't see the sexual reference. Can someone help me out? :)
Nope. Besides it will be better when you come to it on your own,
Oh, here. this will probably help

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 7.01.31 AM.png

When I was googling for that image I found similar images. TN and TX license plates... coffee mugs, laptop cases, Pillows.

If you have any vegans on your Christmas list you might consider getting them a coffee mug.
HA! might want to consider unintentional messaging tho.

It's available in Ohio now
I honestly looked at it as the x-rated version, as much as I do luv tofu :blush:
1679164221225.jpg