Lord Snot steps down

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
It is with much sadness that I have to announce Lord Snot's resignation from the mod team. This is a great loss for the mod team, and indeed for the VV community as a whole.

Lord Snot's energy and can-do attitude was an inspiration to us all. She was in charge of our Facebook campaign, as well as taking on admin tasks such as defining trophies and default user titles.

Lord Snot was a true VV supporter right from the start. She joined on May 7th, 2012 and was our member number 6 (which is really number 4 since number 2 and 3 don't exist).

She will be dearly missed.

Fortunately, Lord Snot isn't dead, but will still be around as a regular member :)

A new super moderator will be appointed at some point, but needless to say it will take time to find someone to fill Lord Snot's shoes.

:hmm:
Ok, but she better stick around! There's enough old members missing!

No, she will retain her Lordship :)

I think Lord Snot herself is best suited to tell us why -- feel free to PM her, or maybe she would like to say a few words here in this thread.

I'm still a Lord, you must still bow down to me :p

I will still be here and posting nonsense and some sense. I will just be a normal poster, EXCEPT FOR BEING A LORD.

The reason I stepped down is tricky to explain because it went on 'behind the scenes' and I don't want to go into it all. I've been a moderator on a few other boards and I've now got a clear idea of when I'm happy to freely give my time and when I'm not. I thought I had found somewhere that would be really fulfilling to help grow, where I wouldn't end up looking back and think actually, I wish I hadn't devoted so much unpaid labour to it. But some things went on and I'm not happy to put in as much effort as I have been any more. I still really want this place to succeed but I would rather do it by being active and hopefully helping some newbies when they come along.

I hope that's sufficient. I know it's annoying when someone is all vague and mysterious and you're left wondering, but I don't want to air my dirty laundry in public. We should have an airing-dirty-laundry smiley. :)

Sorry to hear it but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do. I, for one, hope to still see you around often! :)

The reason I stepped down is tricky to explain because it went on 'behind the scenes' and I don't want to go into it all. I've been a moderator on a few other boards and I've now got a clear idea of when I'm happy to freely give my time and when I'm not. I thought I had found somewhere that would be really fulfilling to help grow, where I wouldn't end up looking back and think actually, I wish I hadn't devoted so much unpaid labour to it. But some things went on and I'm not happy to put in as much effort as I have been any more. I still really want this place to succeed but I would rather do it by being active and hopefully helping some newbies when they come along.

I'm glad you are going to carry on and post here anyway.

Reactions: thefadedone

I will still be here and posting nonsense and some sense. I will just be a normal poster, EXCEPT FOR BEING A LORD.

You better stick around Lord of Snot! If you try to leave us we will just lure you back with vegan cookies and some of Pickle Juice's carrot cake.

You better stick around Lord of Snot! If you try to leave us we will just lure you back with vegan cookies and some Pickle Juice's carrot cake.

happy-smiley-8829.gif
I read that as a pickle juice carrot cake. MMMMM!

Reactions: thefadedone
I was sad to hear of your stepping down, Lord Snot. I know you will stick around and contribute as a regular member.

:hug:

:)

Is Lord Snot a Flemmish title?
Can we address you as Your Mucusness?

Glad your sticking around.

I'm very sorry to see Snot step down and hope that she continues to post frequently on this board.

We often don't agree on things, but that's what I usually like most about people.

Reactions: KLS52