Lord Snot steps down

I'm still a Lord, you must still bow down to me :p

I will still be here and posting nonsense and some sense. I will just be a normal poster, EXCEPT FOR BEING A LORD.

The reason I stepped down is tricky to explain because it went on 'behind the scenes' and I don't want to go into it all. I've been a moderator on a few other boards and I've now got a clear idea of when I'm happy to freely give my time and when I'm not. I thought I had found somewhere that would be really fulfilling to help grow, where I wouldn't end up looking back and think actually, I wish I hadn't devoted so much unpaid labour to it. But some things went on and I'm not happy to put in as much effort as I have been any more. I still really want this place to succeed but I would rather do it by being active and hopefully helping some newbies when they come along.

I hope that's sufficient. I know it's annoying when someone is all vague and mysterious and you're left wondering, but I don't want to air my dirty laundry in public. We should have an airing-dirty-laundry smiley. :)

Oh dear, I think I understand what you mean. It reminds me of my role as a member of the owners association and I too will have to step down at the end of the year.

I'll miss you being a mod but pleased to be seeing you onboard.

The whole 'went on behind the scenes' is just a code phrase for
"I didn't get a chance to sit next to the bubble jets in the mod hot tub".:hottub:

Reactions: Pickle Juice
I hate this thread because it just makes me desperately curious what happened. I hate when people say 'something happened but I can't really talk about it...' :brood:

Yes! Even if it's inconsequential or not concerning me at all, I always want to know why someone did this, or who did what, or why this or that happened.

Yes! Even if it's inconsequential or not concerning me at all, I always want to know why someone did this, or who did what, or why this or that happened.
Me too, I am so nosy I guess! Recently a woman ahead of me in line at the grocery asked to see the manager, and she turned to me and apologized for the delay. I told her as long as long she spoke loudly enough for me to hear, I would be happy. The cashier agreed, too. (The customer had a nice comment about the produce guy.)

I hate this thread because it just makes me desperately curious what happened. I hate when people say 'something happened but I can't really talk about it...' :brood:

Okay, the true story is that she became Amish and thus had to give up a computer.

But don't tell anyone I told you.

;)

Okay, the true story is that she became Amish and thus had to give up a computer.

But don't tell anyone I told you.

;)

But she became part of a new faction called the Neo-Amish, which allow her to communicate with the board on a small scale over a smart phone - as long as it is embedded into a husk of corn.

Me too. I was also really curious about what a certain former member posted in the sexuality forum. But I don't like acting nosy either.

:hide:

I thought maybe it had something to do with the cows. You know, once you start taking care of cows, they become your whole life. Especially the cute little ones.

Or maybe she and Mr. Snot decided to work on producing a baby cow of their own. :p

Yes! Especially because I can't see the Sexuality forum and don't want to anyway!
Don't feel left out... quite a few of us don't belong to the sexuality forum by choice. I certainly respect the desire to have that forum, I just personally don't feel the need to engage in conversation that I couldn't likewise have in front of god and everybody.

If I do request access to that forum it won't be for the reason of satisfying my curiosity (basically what I meant by I don't like acting nosy).

Great, now I want to know too, and I hadn't even thought about it before. :mad:

If I join the sexuality forum it will be purely to satisfy my curiosity about things that I will immediately be totally bored with knowing.

Reactions: cornsail