Looking for vegan gloves to work with oil

Ohad

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
  2. Vegetarian
I recently joined the army and I work in a place where I have to paint(with brush) and to oil work tools. The only comfortable gloves they got there are some one time latex gloves. The problem is that I’ve heared it might contain milk protein, and I couldn’t tell if it actually does.
Do you have any suggestion of what to do?
Thanks a lot

I recently joined the army and I work in a place where I have to paint(with brush) and to oil work tools. The only comfortable gloves they got there are some one time latex gloves. The problem is that I’ve heared it might contain milk protein, and I couldn’t tell if it actually does.
Do you have any suggestion of what to do?
Thanks a lot
I find latex so uncomfortable! Are nitrile gloves available? Those are vegan, and I prefer them

I wouldn't use latex gloves. You could touch someone with your gloves, and give them an allergic reaction. Even the particles in the air can cause a severe reaction. Nitrile gloves are a much better substitute, even if you have to buy them yourself. I'm surprised that these were provided because most places are discontinuing their use.

When I did Home Care, we weren't allowed to use them because one touch on a client could cause a severe allergic reaction.

Latex allergy is a reaction to certain proteins found in natural rubber latex, a product made from the rubber tree. If you have a latex allergy, your body mistakes latex for a harmful substance.

Latex allergy may cause itchy skin and hives or even anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening condition that can cause throat swelling and severe difficulty breathing. Your doctor can determine if you have a latex allergy or if you're at risk of developing a latex allergy.

If you're allergic to latex, you're likely to have symptoms after touching latex rubber products, such as gloves or balloons. You can also have symptoms if you breathe in latex particles that are released into the air when someone removes latex gloves.

Latex allergy symptoms range from mild to severe. A reaction depends on how sensitive you are to latex and the amount of latex you touch or inhale. Your reaction can become worse with each additional latex exposure.

• Informative
Reactions: 1956