Looking at both sexes

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Your feminist type considers a male who looks at women as sexist(vice versa doesn't seem to bother them much though). What about a male who looks at both sexes? Is it wrong?

Your feminist type considers a male who looks at women as sexist(vice versa doesn't seem to bother them much though). What about a male who looks at both sexes? Is it wrong?
Men tend to be more visual than women, and women do not tend to leer, gawk, and yell sexual things at strange men quite as often as some men do to women. . My adult son, for example, has had stuff yelled at him from cars as he is out running or walking, but always from men.
Feminists are not banning men from merely looking at us

Men tend to be more visual than women
There's a long list of male singers(Usher, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, many "boy bands") that are considered good looking and popular with a female fan base. I believe both rock and rap music have more of a male fan base where many of the males aren't considered attractive. If the music industry is any indicator, I'd say women are just as bad that way if not worse.

There's a long list of male singers(Usher, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Michael Buble, Josh Groban, many "boy bands") that are considered good looking and popular with a female fan base. I believe both rock and rap music have more of a male fan base where many of the males aren't considered attractive. If the music industry is any indicator, I'd say women are just as bad that way if not worse.
Boy bands are mostly for young teenage girls. It is a safe way to have a crush on someone that you never have to actually talk to.

Many women do have a thing for musicians, but it is more the aural than the visual imo.

"Study Finds Male And Female Brains Respond Differently To Visual Stimuli

Date:
March 16, 2004
Source:
Emory University Health Sciences Center
Summary:
The emotion control center of the brain, the amygdala, shows significantly higher levels of activation in males viewing sexual visual stimuli than females viewing the same images, according to a Center for Behavioral Neuroscience study led by Emory University psychologists Stephan Hamann and Kim Wallen."
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/03/040316072953.htm

tumblr_mcvgr6rDrE1r1bcxso1_250.gif
tumblr_mcvgr6rDrE1r1bcxso2_250.gif

tumblr_mcvgr6rDrE1r1bcxso3_250.gif
tumblr_mcvgr6rDrE1r1bcxso4_250.gif

Reactions: AeryFairy
Many women do have a thing for musicians, but it is more the aural than the visual imo.
I can vouch for this. It's the voice that gets to you first when you hear the music played somewhere. Later when you check to see who the band is, it's a nice bonus when the voice turns out to belong to some really hot guy rocker with long hair. But even if the guy isn't hot, it doesn't make the voice or music any less enjoyable.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52 and ledboots
I can vouch for this. It's the voice that gets to you first when you hear the music played somewhere. Later when you check to see who the band is, it's a nice bonus when the voice turns out to belong to some really hot guy rocker with long hair. But even if the guy isn't hot, it doesn't make the voice or music any less enjoyable.
Plus dancing! Anyone that makes music helps cause dancing to occur, and that is always a good thing! :)

Reactions: KLS52