London VegFest 2015

I was meant to go but they sent me the wrong tickets. All a big unorganised mess. It happened to some other people too...was really disappointed.

^ :( Useless.

I read that London OktoberFest was cancelled this weekend only 20 minutes before it was about to start.:rolleyes:

I read it was because they said they couldn't cope with the huge crowds. Pathetic, lol.

There were lots of complaints - Great Ormond Street hospital were there (who test on animals) a stand with dreamcatchers etc made from leather & feathers where there, and the primal Pantry had posters up advocating a paleo diet consisting of meat & dairy. Lol ridiculous.

But on a positive note, 12k people attended which goes to show how many people are either vegetarian/vegan or at least interested enough in the lifestyle to attend :)

Also, they didn't refund my tickets or offer a replacement for the right day as they were sold out. So I was left with tickets I couldn't use. Sold them on to someone else in the end.

There were lots of complaints - Great Ormond Street hospital were there (who test on animals) a stand with dreamcatchers etc made from leather & feathers where there, and the primal Pantry had posters up advocating a paleo diet consisting of meat & dairy. Lol ridiculous.

But on a positive note, 12k people attended which goes to show how many people are either vegetarian/vegan or at least interested enough in the lifestyle to attend :)

Sorry about your ticket : ( I didn't realise people had issues and that's pretty wank!

I went on the Sunday. There was a man selling vegetable slicers, who was not told it was a vegan event, he thought it was vegetarian.... so he demonstrated how well it sliced cheese. Apparently there was a big kerfuffle! On the Sunday he was slicing Scheeze :p poor man. not his fault. He was chatting to my sister who was buying said slicer.

On the Sunday I didn't see a Great Ormond stall, and I saw the paleo bar stall (they werent that nice) but no other leaflets there. I got there around 11.30am and there were missing stalls already - I think all the ******** happened on the Saturday from the sounds of it.

Anyway I had fun, although the stall selection was a little bit boring. It was all either nakd bar knockoffs or health drinks (only so many types of spirulina you can look at). I'd go again just because it's a nice change for me 'cause I don't buy fake meats/milk/etc usually and there was some of that there. Also they had fake caviar and I cannot quite put into words how disgusting it was. All I bought was some Ms Cupcake, a bamboo pillow (random I know but I needed a new one and it was comfy) and a keyring that looks like an avocado.

Reactions: Second Summer
OK so i just looked it up. Great Ormond Street were removed, and the Paleo people were moaned at and removed the leaflets.

It's sad, you go somewhere like that as a "safe space" and feel you can buy anything without having to worry. I'd feel sick if I bought something and presumed it was vegan (why wouldnt you) then found out it wasn't. Makes you lose faith a little bit.

Harpers Candles | Handmade, Cruelty Free & Proper Smelling Soy Candles I did discover this company there. The candles are GORGEOUS, good for gifts.

Was this organised by the Brighton/Bristol VegFest people? I've always found those VegFests to be pretty great. This one sounds like it was a bit of a shambles - if it is the same people, I wonder what happened...

I'm going to buy the Harpers candles as I have looked and hadn't found any scented vegan ones.

I bought a pet odour candle when I was at the vet, I must have been stressed as I didn't even think that it might not be vegan until afterwards.