Logo needed

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Admittedly, the logo I meticulously pixelled in Gimp is not very good, in fact it kinda sucks. So if we have any artistically gifted people on the board, or really anyone with a moment of inspiration and a graphics design program, this is your opportunity to set your mark on the place. If you can design something which is better than the current logo, then I'm happy use it.

Ideally the logo shouldn't be very big height-wise. (It can be higher than the current one tho, if you feel it's necessary.) There is a good bit of space width-wise as you can see at the top of the page.

We also need a favicon. (Google it ...!)

If you dont need it before Monday. I can do it. Seeing as Illustration is my job ;) ...Favicons are no bother either...

If you dont need it before Monday. I can do it. Seeing as Illustration is my job ;) ...Favicons are no bother either...
Excellent! I'll leave the door open for contributions until some time towards the end of next week.
Have you decided on a slogan, Karl? That might influence the design?
No, there were so many good ones I can't decide :) I'd like to use several of them actually, though I suppose we need a "main" slogan that will be used for logos and such. If someone wants to start a poll with the better candidates, that would be cool.

You will probably want either one logo that looks good with all your skin choices, or logos with colors customized to each skin. The font can stay the same of course, but it is nice to have a logo that doesn't clash with any of the skins available.

Reactions: Rosie1
Basically a universal logo...
IS-Is it just somthing with Veggie Views, or does this slogan everyone is voting for need to be included IN the logo?

Im going to see what I can do on Monday :D

A slogan does not need to be included, no. The most important thing is the Veggie Views part.

I'm thinking a "double-V" of some sort would be sufficient for a favicon? Something recognizable that people can associate with this place. A tall order, I'm sure ....

I was bored last night: had a lot of fun actually, it made me realise how much I miss doing artistic stuff. Usually I am really restless but art calms me right down.Kind of silly and i havent finished it, just wanted to have a go at making a logo...

veggieviews.jpg

I had a lot of problems making the corn cob, very hard to draw little corn kernels : )

The reason the letters have that scratchy look is that I originally used a spray bottle then changed my mind and coloured it in. But now it looks sort of fuzzy.

I was bored last night: had a lot of fun actually, it made me realise how much I miss doing artistic stuff. Usually I am really restless but art calms me right down.Kind of silly and i havent finished it, just wanted to have a go at making a logo...

veggieviews.jpg

This is so good!

Thanks, both of you that liked my logo. I'm sure there is a lot of creative talent on here : ) .

Can I just pop in and say I loved someones suggestion of a Giraffe in another thread. That way he's a veggie and all high up (views). Maybe someone could try doing a giraffey logo?

veggieviews.jpg

Very pretty - I love the colors.

too controversial? :pView attachment 44

USians probably know that fries are called chips, in UK land.

Very funny. :D

Can I just pop in and say I loved someones suggestion of a Giraffe in another thread. That way he's a veggie and all high up (views). Maybe someone could try doing a giraffey logo?

I like the giraffe idea too. He doesn't have to be eating from a tree - he could be nibbling from a cornucopia of veggies.

Reactions: KLS52