UK Lewis Pugh - To Swim English Channel - West to East

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Lewis Pugh is ready to risk his life if it means saving the world's oceans

"The 48-year-old endurance athlete has plied the waters of the Arctic, the Antarctic and any number of other seas, rivers, streams and lakes.

He has even done a high-altitude paddle on Mount Everest.

But he describes his upcoming swim off the coast of southern England, during which he will attempt to swim the entire length of the English Channel, as the toughest challenge of his career."

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
“I am swimming the length of the English Channel to call on the British government to urgently protect the waters that surround the UK.”

He called for the introduction of marine protected areas (MPAs) where wildlife and habitats are fully protected from human activity.

“It has been shown that fully protected marine protected areas give distressed and degraded seas their best chance of recovery. "

Lewis Pugh to swim length of English Channel to urge stronger protection of seas

This activist needs our support as the challenge to swim from Land's End to Dover is incredibly difficult. Due to the strong tides he may even find himself swimming backwards !

Reactions: Val
He's in !!! :up:

Lewis started his swim (350 miles) at 6.15 am this morning. As he says '"If you want to swim across the English Channel from England to France – you have to leave your doubt on the beach in England.” In his case ''you have to leave your doubt on the beach'' !

Land's End to Dover: Lewis Pugh starts 350-mile Long Swim challenge

Last edited:
Reactions: Val and KLS52
He completed the swim today. He landed at Dover this afternoon after swimming in the English Channel for the last 49 days.

I was happy for his success and also for his message that he gave to M. Gove for the UK government.

However, it made me so sad when he said that he hardly saw any fish or marine life during his swim.

Video: Endurance swimmer Lewis Pugh arrives to cheers in Dover | Daily Mail Online

Endurance swimmer Lewis Pugh completes his 330-mile swim | Daily Mail Online
Wow, that's some serious swimming.