Let's claim back vegetarianism

Mr_Gentleman

Forum Novice
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
So it seems this anti-vax muppet: Francis William Newman in the in the 1800's said vegetarians could eat eggs & milk and so the definition of vegetarian has been completely wrong since then. Francis William Newman - Wikipedia
Further more in the 1890's he became a pescetarian.
Let's claim it back again.
An egg isn't a vegetable, obviously.

Reactions: FlandersOD
So it seems this anti-vax muppet: Francis William Newman in the in the 1800's said vegetarians could eat eggs & milk and so the definition of vegetarian has been completely wrong since then. Francis William Newman - Wikipedia
Further more in the 1890's he became a pescetarian.
Let's claim it back again.
An egg isn't a vegetable, obviously.
The Vegetarian Society (established in 1847) states this definition of a vegetarian diet: What is a Vegetarian | The Vegetarian Society

If you disagree, you could contact them.

The Vegetarian Society (established in 1847) states this definition of a vegetarian diet: What is a Vegetarian | The Vegetarian Society

If you disagree, you could contact them.
Vegetarianism was around before them and the veggie societies don't care, all they're interested in is money like Francis William Newman. They get money from stupid people who feed meat to cats & dogs, and get paid for use of their logo + get charity money and do nothing with it to actually help veggies find a job, partner or home. None of the money should be spent on animals at-all as it's the animal charities jobs.
Some idiots are obsessed with protesting exclusively against McDonalds yet supermarkets sell infinitely more meat than them... I don't want a job in a supermarket, or restaurant but what has either of those societies ever done to help me? Nothing much apart from damage my reputation as a veggie and I already know how to eat a flipping vegetable without them.
I would ideally rather be solar powered just so I don't have to be around people like you who are obsessed with animals, non-violence & cover everything in green. Meat eaters don't all go around in red leather jackets with pictures of dead animals on everything beating each other up.
. -dot

@anarchist100 Unfortunately, I think I have to agree with you about cats being obligate carnivores. Supposedly, dogs have a somewhat easier time going without meat than cats-or ferrets, I think. But theoretically, a synthetic "meat" might possibly be manufactured.

As it is, I gave my cats (when I had them) a food which had some vegetable/grain ingredients, but it did contain meat; as I understand it, this was organs (meat byproduct meal) which would have been seen as inedible by humans, but which cats and dogs would usually eat when they had killed a prey animal. And whenever I was visiting family or friends, and there was any leftover human-grade meat which would have been thrown out, I brought it home and gave it to my cats. I think feeding them food from hunted animals would be more problematic.

(I made sure it was safe for them: one time, my family was having turkey on a holiday, and nobody was going to make soup with the bones- so I sat on the back porch and carefully picked the flesh off, making sure there were no bone fragments and feeding it to a big gray tomcat in the neighborhood I had befriended. When I wasn't fast enough, he gently placed his paw on my wrist, pulling at it.)
(In case anybody gets disgusted by descriptions of meat)

Last edited:
Reactions: FlandersOD
Do you have difficulty working with other people?
Yes I do. Because they lie non-stop and they want everyone to be submissive like you lot that disagree with everything I say, and they won't listen to common sense and everyone's emotional instead of logical. It makes it impossible to work with other people.

Reactions: anarchist100
Yes I do. Because they lie non-stop and they want everyone to be submissive like you lot that disagree with everything I say, and they won't listen to common sense and everyone's emotional instead of logical. It makes it impossible to work with other people.
Your first post implied that vegetarians shouldn’t call themselves vegetarians. Unfortunately, this has the effect of disenfranchising people within the veg community.

No one appreciates that kind of "you're not a real vegetarian" and "I'm more vegetarian than you" post. It just discourages people. It doesn't help the animals.

Last edited:
All the omnivore /carnivores /herbivore names are just used too to cover up the fact that human meat eating is parasitic. Food aside it's even evident now in the way 21st century business & technology is set up to be an absolute parasitic draining nuisance.
People have forgotten that animal scavengers & predators have a slightly more legitimate reason for what they do but humans don't eat road kill or need to hunt down animals to eat because there's too many.

Capybara_portrait.jpg

Vegetarian being able to eat milk and eggs makes sense to me since it's not flesh.
Though it still involves animal slaughter. we can't just pretend they don't kill animals for milk and eggs. It would not be realistic to mass produce dairy and eggs for everyone and they all live happy lives and never ever get slaughtered. No one could afford it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PTree15 and Tom L.
Vegetarian being able to eat milk and eggs makes sense to me since it's not flesh.
Yeah but it's not vegetation, the clue is in the name of VEGetarian.
Eggs & milk are disgusting animal matter that comes out their breasts or vagina & smell like it too. Would you like an earwax candle with that too?

Francis William Newman was an indecisive twit and the rest of the vegetarian society didn't like him. They've been fraudulently claiming money ever since & are only there to milk everything before the animals get killed.

I'm astonished at the amount of truly stupid people there are on this forum. Even if I answer all your nonsense with common sense more nonsense just springs up & none of my points are understood. I'm starting to realise why meat eaters think veggies eat meat in secret.
You'll only shoot yourselves in the feet eventually because logical people with common sense talk the same language.