Legume, Nut and Seed Butters

Which do you like best? (Multiple choice)

• Peanut butter

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Almond butter

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Soynut butter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cashew butter

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Sunflower seed butter

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Sesame seed butter

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other (please indicate below)

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Do you have any favorites? Which have you tried, which would you like to try? Have you ever made any from scratch?

I LOVE peanut butter. I like almond and cashew butters, but I adore peanut butter. And while I can eat pretty much any peanut butter, my ideal is organic roasted peanuts with salt in a glass jar. (I hate to buy peanut butter in plastic jars.)

Reactions: ledboots
Peanut butter, rather boring I know. I love the organic Whole Earth PB.

I love peanut butter. And cashew butter. I will use almond on occasion but it's my least favorite.

When my husband was working full time I splurged on a cashew/macadamia blend. That stuff was good. And expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to say that I don't think I have ever seen soynut butter, but then I realised that I have!

741462b.jpg

Tahini hands down. Then peanut butter, then almond butter, then sunflower butter. Strangely I have never tried cashew butter or soynut butter. I have made my own homemade peanut butter and also almond butter and sesame butter with my awesome blendtec. I tried to make my own sunflower butter but the consistency was wrong.

I should try tahini again. I like sesame seeds but I had tahini years ago and didn't like it. Whenever I make a recipe that calls for it, I always leave it out. I think I need to give it another chance.

I should try tahini again. I like sesame seeds but I had tahini years ago and didn't like it. Whenever I make a recipe that calls for it, I always leave it out. I think I need to give it another chance.

I'm not a big bag of tahini.

Reactions: KLS52
I love peanut butter, but can't eat it so I have to say it's almond butter. I sometimes eat soynut butter too but not as often. I only use cashew butter in recipes, same for tahini. Tahini sauce for dipping falafel or pita sandwiches is delicious.

One of these days (when I get a candy thermometer) I'm going to make some halvah with the tahini. I love halvah, especially when it's covered in chocolate. :lick:

For those wondering what halvah is: Halvah and Turkish Delight - Candy Blog

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
I love peanut butter! :D It's excellent for everything. Spreads, dinner and guess even desserts.

Reactions: KLS52
Tahini is more of a dip or sauce than a butter. I think I've seen actual sesame butter in the HFS a while ago.

I must be the odd one out then, as I can eat tahini straight out of the jar. :p HOWEVER, it does make me gassy for hours after. I rarely buy it because I can't leave it alone.

Reactions: ledboots