Latest irreversible consequences-Climate change

View attachment 22366
Indeed, this apocalypse in California perfectly resembles the catastrophic condition of our atmosphere and biosphere. Russian forest is burning too, e.g. in Altai and Siberia.
I saw your new message about the air quality, and i wonder, are you ok in there? Is there any chance that you'll be evacuated? Or... do you have anywhere to go for a week or two? Any relatives who live in another place? I know that obligate evacuation sucks (IF the things get really bad),- no one wants to leave his house. So i assume that if you had a chance to be evacuated, you would refuse because of the fear of thieves? That is truly a bad situation for everybody (for those who decide to leave and those who decide to stay).😟

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Indeed, this apocalypse in California perfectly resembles the catastrophic condition of our atmosphere and biosphere. Russian forest is burning too, e.g. in Altai and Siberia.
I saw your new message about the air quality, and i wonder, are you ok in there? Is there any chance that you'll be evacuated? Or... do you have anywhere to go for a week or two? Any relatives who live in another place? I know that obligate evacuation sucks (IF the things get really bad),- no one wants to leave his house. So i assume that if you had a chance to be evacuated, you would refuse because of the fear of thieves? That is truly a bad situation for everybody (for those who decide to leave and those who decide to stay).😟

I'm safe from fires. there are no forests anywhere neer me. My oldest sister lives in a more rural area but the fire in her county is way north of her.
the air quality is still really bad. I'm staying inside. when I do go outside I have my mask with the coffee filter inside.
on the plus side almost everyone outside is wearing a mask now.

I'm safe from fires. there are no forests anywhere neer me. My oldest sister lives in a more rural area but the fire in her county is way north of her.
the air quality is still really bad. I'm staying inside. when I do go outside I have my mask with the coffee filter inside.
(((Hugs))) :hug: ...i can't even imagine dealing with so much smoke, breathing it all day long,- i hate smoke of any kind, and here, at the country, i run away as soon as i smell smoke from someone's burning barrel of dry branches and leaves.:tinfoilhat: :sheep:

I find this all very sad, especially since the state of CA is being blamed by certain political interests, when the US federal government owns more than half of these lands, and some are privately managed. A lot of people in CA are open to TEK and indigenous-style controlled burns, but our national government falls far behind our state in just about everything to do with the environment. For example, the Bureau of Land Management is still exceedingly preoccupied with grazing cattle - as in, they think it's a good thing. I don't know that this even falls entirely square on the US Forest Service alone. My understanding from the few forestry classes I took as electives and people who I talked to at Shasta-Trinity a couple of summers ago is that they are at least open to the management of forests and using the biomass. I think there's a disconnect somewhere perhaps with some mainstream environmentalists who still don't understand that giving forests a haircut is a healthy and necessary thing.

We're safe here but have nasty smoke. It's not as bad as two days ago - we had the weird orange skies then that the Bay Area also had - but I'm bummed it hasn't all moved off-shore yet, I can't open my bedroom window and don't want to do normal outdoor activities. I've never experienced anything like this here. I may have in LA, but not for several days on end like this.

We have forests everywhere around me, including my back yard, but we're in no danger directly to fire. I think the combination of high humidity and lower temperatures protect us on the north coast. I also think our forests are better managed here because of the university, local tribes, and Green Diamond. I'm not saying that in a snarky way, I just think it's true. The areas near me further inland where the smoke is coming from, are US Forest Service land, and are much hotter and dryer ecosystems.

Of course no one wants to talk about this, but all the factory farms in the central valley using tons of water isn't helping the situation either.

I live in California. Where I am the air is bad with smoke.

Climate change deniers are really mistaken. Regardless of hypothetical places where ice is freezing faster than ice is melting where it is definitely known to, the sea level is rising. Islands are sinking right now. We will still see unstoppable ice melt and corresponding increased sea storms and flooded lands. The loss of ice in this world is critical to how this world can go on with us and many other species. But the drastic changes do not mean there is nothing left to do, we should still live in very different ways. We don't need it to be even worse.

Climate change deniers are really mistaken. Regardless of hypothetical places where ice is freezing faster than ice is melting where it is definitely known to, the sea level is rising. Islands are sinking right now. We will still see unstoppable ice melt and corresponding increased sea storms and flooded lands. The loss of ice in this world is critical to how this world can go on with us and many other species. But the drastic changes do not mean there is nothing left to do, we should still live in very different ways. We don't need it to be even worse.

I am harassing Gavin Newsom directly about factory farms in central CA even as we speak, and posting articles on what California is not doing. I was pretty ****** when Newsom said that CA is doing everything we can. Sure CA is a paradise compared to most of the US, but it's not true. UC Davis is a corrupt institution which keeps cattle farming viable, those factory farms in central CA are sucking down huge amounts of water, and if we would AT LEAST START THERE...let's say we keep our "grass fed" farms in rural parts of CA even making factory farms illegal within the state of CA would help our water situation tremendously. It's very disturbing. I feel like I've been saying this for years and I finally get a chance to be justified. That's what I hate most about all this. I get a chance to be right because horrific things are happening, people are listening to me because my state is on fire.

I hate American culture in general because of that mentality. Why do things have to go horrifically wrong for Americans in general to realize everything is not working? I mean same with COVID-19, a lot of smarter or less arrogant people have turned against Trump just because of COVID. Why did this have to happen?

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and Val

I have some follower (on Instagram), who works as a ranger in "Torres del paine" national park (Chile). He and his crew are trying to attract the government's (and UN's) attention to the climate change problems by showing the world an example of Torres del paine. His photos and videos are incredibly beautiful, yet very sad, disturbing and frightening: icebergs and glaciers are melting rapidly, the heat and direct sunlight are destroying the thickest ice, which used to be solid for millions of years, and now it's just flowing away. Mountain piques are bare and sad-looking, wild animals are seeking for bigger ice chunks to sit on and can't find any. Gigantic blue-ish icebergs of all forms are covered with holes and ready to collapse into the water. At least that's what i saw in his feed. And those photos are not reposts of something else, of some random sources,- those were the photos he'd taken himself, during his work shifts. Very, very sad.:pout:

• Friendly
I have some follower (on Instagram), who works as a ranger in "Torres del paine" national park (Chile). He and his crew are trying to attract the government's (and UN's) attention to the climate change problems by showing the world an example of Torres del paine. His photos and videos are incredibly beautiful, yet very sad, disturbing and frightening: icebergs and glaciers are melting rapidly, the heat and direct sunlight are destroying the thickest ice, which used to be solid for millions of years, and now it's just flowing away. Mountain piques are bare and sad-looking, wild animals are seeking for bigger ice chunks to sit on and can't find any. Gigantic blue-ish icebergs of all forms are covered with holes and ready to collapse into the water. At least that's what i saw in his feed. And those photos are not reposts of something else, of some random sources,- those were the photos he'd taken himself, during his work shifts. Very, very sad.:pout:

Maybe you can share his feed?

• Friendly
and the solutions ? the biggest single thing individuals in the rich countries can do AT ONCE if the message were sent out loud and clear to affect reduction in climate change is ? GO VEGAN...once stated in the comments on this alarming post to date....

80 percent of deforestation of the amazon and the forests of the planet generally is ? for animal agriculture...fact. to grow in the amazon soy to fatten farm animals...that the 20 percent of the rich population of humans on this planet consume 80% of.

yep...the poor are driven off their fertile lands to grow farm animal feed for the minority but rich populations of this plant who eat 3 times more meat than the averge china person.

The elephant in the room...is...animal agriculture...yet the scientists have stated the facts ...but people cherry pick fossil fuels lol and rant anti big business whilst chomping on 1 burger than burns the planet if made of meat.

If all people worldwide were to stop eating meat products, the area of land used for global agriculture could be reduced by around 75%

Yes it is. The California cattle plot thickens. I've watched two documentaries in the past few days on Point Reyes that has interviews with biologists, ecologists, and former rangers discussing how the cattle ranching there is pretty much driving the elk extinct, destroying the land there (they eat like 5 times more per cow than an elk does - an elk eats ~ 9 pounds of plant foods a day where as a cow eats ~ 50), using up the water (some activists are currently bringing water to the dying elk there). and one of the scientists clearly asserted that cattle ranching has no place in the state of California or really in the Western part of the US at all, because the ecosystems here are different than the East coast and Midwest.

I'm really sick and tired people ignoring this information because of their stupid personal biases or traditionalism. Even if someone won't go vegan they can stop eating cows. It pisses me the **** off.

An interesting short article in the Atlantic today:
It says that the electoral college makes Presidential candidates focus more on swing states with fossil fuel jobs than safe states that are on fire, which is bad re climate change.

An interesting short article in the Atlantic today:
It says that the electoral college makes Presidential candidates focus more on swing states with fossil fuel jobs than safe states that are on fire, which is bad re climate change.

Yes all of us who actually live in the United States know this terrible news. We know we live in a country dominated by a scientifically illiterate religious cult. Donald Trump doesn't care if California burns to the ground. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W
Climate change is a serious issue today I think society should pay more attention to this problem to solve it in the future.

Also I think that the spread of nuclear technology and nuclear weapons is a huge problem for national security and the safety of the entire planet. Not so long ago I found info about radiation detectors from https://ecotestgroup.com/ The products are manufactured under controlled conditions established by the certified Bureau Veritas Certification Quality Management System. I bought one too to control a radiation level at my house.