Latest Food & Product Recalls

Last edited:
Reser's Fine Foods, Inc. Recalls Refrigerated Salads Because of Possible Health Risk Due to Onion Supplier Recall
Apr 12, 20
16 8:55 AM

Reser's Fine Foods, Inc. of Beaverton, Oregon is recalling nineteen refrigerated salad items due to notification from one of our ingredient suppliers that Listeria monocytogenes may be present in one lot of onions that was used in the manufacture of these salads. Listeria monocytogenes is an organism which can cause serious and sometime fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people and individuals with weakened immune systems.

Hepatitis outbreak linked to frozen organic fruit sold at Costco
By Coral Beach | April 16, 2016
recalled-natures-touch-frozen-organic-fruit-98x68.jpg
Canadian officials have linked an ongoing Hepatitis A outbreak to a frozen organic fruit blend of berries and cherries sold exclusively at Costco stores. Nature’s Touch is recalling its “Organic Berry Cherry Blend” because of the outbreak. Canadian health officials are particularly concerned that consumers may have the product, which has a “Best Before” date…

From Food Recalls | Food Safety News

And I'll post this again for you dog owners.... http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recalls/ :doggy:
Nothing recent, but it wouldn't hurt to check back here every once in a while.... or get yourself set up for alerts. ;)

I'm really tired of the meat and dairy industries poisoning our food. My husband, who is s/p traumatic brain injury decades ago, is ill with what the docs are pretty sure is salmonella. As a VEGAN, salmonella and other food pathogens should not be an issue.

Wow, sorry to hear that, ledboots. I hope he feels better soon. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ledboots
:hug: @ledboots That's awful. I hope he gets better soon.

Contamination can happen with anything, unfortunately. We veg*ans shouldn't get too relaxed and say food-borne illnesses won't ever hit us, because it can. Remember when there was a massive spinach contamination and it disappeared from a lot of stores for a while? I was pretty upset about that. But from farm to table, whether it's a massive growing and packaging operation or your own personal garden, there's always a risk of contamination at some point, especially with animal waste.

:hug: @ledboots That's awful. I hope he gets better soon.

Contamination can happen with anything, unfortunately. We veg*ans shouldn't get too relaxed and say food-borne illnesses won't ever hit us, because it can. Remember when there was a massive spinach contamination and it disappeared from a lot of stores for a while? I was pretty upset about that. But from farm to table, whether it's a massive growing and packaging operation or your own personal garden, there's always a risk of contamination at some point, especially with animal waste.

I agree 100 percent.

ledboots: best wishes for your husband's recovery.

Be leery of so-called Farm-to-Table places, as well.... here's an article (and this is not just happening in Florida, I'm quite certain of that)....
I think this quick quote sums it up nicely: "IF YOU EAT FOOD, you are being lied to every day." :bag:
At Tampa Bay farm-to-table restaurants, you’re being fed fiction
That is interesting, and sadly not surprising. :(

Thanks everyone for your nice thoughts. What a great place it looks like you guys stayed at @Chryssie @Jeremy ! I do wish we could have come, but do have things to mail now! :D Steve is doing great now, although I took today off work just in case. I have made some amazing soups and breads and rice things the last few days in my anxiety lol, so I'll be freezing some of it today for future lunches etc.

It was salmonella food poisoning, as was suspected. So not sure what he got it from, we only have vegan food here, and the produce some organic, some not. I was wondering about the Silk cashew milk, as it's something no one else here drinks. Most stuff all 3 of us eat, and he hasn't eaten restaurant food, except the Vietnamese one night, but we all ate the same thing. So scary that food can make you so so sick!

It was salmonella food poisoning, as was suspected. So not sure what he got it from, we only have vegan food here, and the produce some organic, some not. I was wondering about the Silk cashew milk, as it's something no one else here drinks.

I wonder if the Silk in question was made from the same tainted cashews that Trader Joe's had to recall back in January.... it'd be interesting to track down the original source.

According to Food Safety News: "Heritage International distributed the cashews to to Trader Joe’s stores in Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C. and Wisconsin."

Yikes, that's quite a few states! :eek:

I wonder if the Silk in question was made from the same tainted cashews that Trader Joe's had to recall back in January.... it'd be interesting to track down the original source.

According to Food Safety News: "Heritage International distributed the cashews to to Trader Joe’s stores in Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C. and Wisconsin."

Yikes, that's quite a few states! :eek:
Wow I did not know about this!

TJ's often uses big name companies and the same sources as big name companies to make products for their company brand, so it's a distinct possibility.