US Keeping Internet Neutrality Very Important

Some good points in that video clip:

News reader: "The president has picked Tom Wheeler, a former top lobbyist for cable and wireless companies, to be the next chair of the Federal Communications Commission."
John Oliver: "Yes, the guy who used to run the cable industry's lobbying arm, is now running the agency tasked with regulating it. That is the equivalent of needing a babysitter, and hiring a dingo." (Picture of dingo with baby)

Wikipedia article about Tom Wheeler, which includes a paragraph about net neutrality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wheeler

Reactions: ledboots
i really wish more users would use vpns. my home interenet isp has absolutely no idea what ips i communicate with and no way to throttle my use.

(my vpn utilizes ram-disk servers [no logs] and 2048 bit encryption.)

i really wish more users would use vpns. my home interenet isp has absolutely no idea what ips i communicate with and no way to throttle my use.
I'm no expert in that area, but ... I thought the way the cable industry wants this to work is that only if you visit certain domains (their domains) will you get high-speed. If you go anywhere else, you'll be in the slow lane with everyone else. It doesn't matter whether you're using VPN or not. (Well, VPN with all that encryption will probably slow you down even more.)
(my vpn utilizes ram-disk servers [no logs] and 2048 bit encryption.)
Is it a paid VPN solution? I've tried a free solution, but it was so crap it didn't even work.

I'm no expert in that area, but ... I thought the way the cable industry wants this to work is that only if you visit certain domains (their domains) will you get high-speed. If you go anywhere else, you'll be in the slow lane with everyone else. It doesn't matter whether you're using VPN or not. (Well, VPN with all that encryption will probably slow you down even more.)

Is it a paid VPN solution? I've tried a free solution, but it was so crap it didn't even work.

Yes...you have to use a pay VPN to get good speed. I see very little speed penalty -- the encryption on the VPN server is hardware based so it's not a bottleneck.
https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/4057/best-logless-vpn/