Vegan Kale Waldorf Salad

Have you ever attended a free healthy "un-cooking" demonstration at Whole Foods?

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, but not at Whole Foods

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

VeganSprig

Eat Your Flowers
Reaction score
Ingredients
  • 4 cups packed finely chopped raw kale
  • 1 large red apple, such as Fuji or Honeycrisp, chopped, divided
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins, divided
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons water, more if needed
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation
Place kale in a large bowl. Add half the apple to kale along with celery, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins. Put remaining apple in a blender along with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts, remaining 2 tablespoons raisins, mustard, water, vinegar and salt. Purée until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if needed to thin. Pour dressing over kale salad and toss to combine.

f73ab6cf-2abe-47a9-829d-7d96cf57f042.Full.jpg

Went to a Free Health Starts Here healthy raw "un-cooking" demonstration at my local Whole Foods and have been craving this recipe since. The apples were in the prime of the season making this dish extra sweet.

Reactions: Second Summer
Wow, such a nice and healthy salad recipe. Salads are considered as a king or prince of the menu and has many health benefits. Salads contain various types of vitamins, calcium, folic acid, fiber and phytonutrients that helps to prevent diseases, improves digestive health, keeps your nail strong and hair lustrous, regulate metabolism in the body and is also good the skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also a huge fan of raw kale salad. However, I find that it needs to be marinated for a couple of hours before serving.