Just Scramble - Vegan Egg

KLS52

Love Is A Verb
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Why One Company Invested $30 Million to Grow a Vegan Egg

I would love this, just for the baking aspect. While I used to eat a ton of eggs and missed them in the beginning of the transition, I have zero interest in eating them now. Even the smell bothers me. I can't even use black salt in a recipe that calls for it or in my tofu scramble.

I have good results baking without eggs but not everything comes out as good as if I had used real eggs. And I would like a vegan egg for pancakes and French toast.

Reactions: ledboots
Same here with regard to scrambled tofu.

Lol...I was thinking more along the lines of the stuff added to it. It could be a pain if you are chopping a bunch of ingredients to add to it. :) But even then, it shouldn't take that long.

Reactions: Tom L.
This indeed does sound interesting. I make my version of omelet with chickpea flour, and while the texture is decent, it still doesn't come close to an egg omelet

it doesn't even need to complicated. Sometimes I have just mashed tofu, bit of soya milk, and black salt, yeast, and black pepper.

Quite nice with some toast.

Reactions: KLS52
Lol, same here... I crumble the tofu into a frying pan, sprinkle some salt, black pepper, turmeric, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder, for a real lazy version and have it with toast like Blobbenstein said.

Reactions: PTree15
Also, I might just die of happiness if someone could invent an actual vegan egg - I'd love a boiled egg, or a poached egg, or a fried egg (sunny side up). It's the only non-vegan foods I really miss. But the thing in the article still sounds promising (and really cool).

I can't think of anything I make where this would be useful, its pretty easy to replace eggs in the vast majority of baked goods and there ones where its difficult I doubt this would act as a replacement (e.g., in meringue, traditional sponge cake, etc).