Jan from Veggiepedia says hello

JM_Veggiepedia

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello, I'm Jan, certified vegan nutritionist and internet blogger from Prague, Czech Republic, Europe. After making a gradual transition from flexitarianism to veganism, I started studying vegan nutrition and launched a website called Veggiepedia to inspire others to save animals, restore the planet & live a healthy life. Currently, I'm improving my vegan cooking skills and planning to start translating Veggiepedia from English to other languages. I also volunteer for Czech vegan organizations and translate articles from English to Czech for them. Here and there, I go protests.

I especially love tempeh, seitan, hummus and Piňa colada. Vegan yogurts: I prefer soy-based or those made of rice + coconut milk.

DM to connect! And what do you think of the Veggiepedia website? Is it any good? :)

Hi JM and welcome 🤗 hope you keep us updated on your journey.
Yes, it looks like I will launch a small crowdfunding round for Veggiepedia on a Czech platform, but I will keep it English+Czech. Need to shoot a video and think of a reward system. I'll share a link next week, hopefully!

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
I noticed on your website that you plan to offer a list of plant-based dieticians. Are you looking to include engish-only speakers? if so you could contact
to ask about including her on your site.

I found this here, where there are more dieticians:
Oh thanks, that's very helpful! English is the language that we're starting with, but I want Veggiepedia to soon offer at least 10 languages, and so the visitors will be able to find both articles in their own language and plant-based dieticians speaking that language. I'm planning to have Veggiepedia translated to CZ, SK, DE, ES, FR, IT, PT, NL, PL, HU. It will be quite easy as DeepL is very smart these days, 90-95% of text will be okay, the vegan speakers of each language will just fix the small mistakes and here we go - Veggiepedia has 10x more pages and 10 languages! I calculated that it will cost just $1,000 in total, and it can be done in 3-4 weeks. I decided to launch a crowdfunding campaign to collect the 1 grand at a professional crowdfunding campaign, I'm just finalizing the text & video with my friends, we've been working on it for over the past 3 weeks. :) Can I share a link here on Wednesday?

Reactions: Emma JC and bEt