James Cameron Goes Vegan for Animals and the Planet

Werewolf Girl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
http://www.ecorazzi.com/2012/10/02/james-cameron-goes-vegan-for-animals-and-the-planet/

Environmentalists adore James Cameron for his environmental activism and for making “Avatar”, the eco film that got the world talking about how we use and abuse our planet.
Now, in a move that helps the earth, people and animals, it seems that the director has gone vegan, and has brought his family along for the ride. When asked about how his family reacted to the plant based diet he said, “…the kids want hamburgers and Coke because they’re kids. But all of human consciousness is five years old emotionally. It’s not a requirement to eat animals, we just choose to do it, so it becomes a moral choice and one that is having a huge impact on the planet, using up resources and destroying the biosphere.”
While we’re all for those celebrities who choose to go vegan for their health, we do love it when we hear about someone like Cameron making the choice to give up animal products for purely ethical reasons. The health benefits are a great added bonus, but it seems he’s doing it because of the animals and the huge amounts of resources it takes to farm them.

I love this man. :clap:

He will enjoy the food : ) . I have been watching River Cottage Veg with Hugh F and he went vegetarian for health reasons, he seems to be really enjoying himself.

YAY!!It's always a wonderful thing when anyone adopts the vegan life, and especially so when it's someone who's well known. He will make a great spokesperson .

While we’re all for those celebrities who choose to go vegan for their health, we do love it when we hear about someone like Cameron making the choice to give up animal products for purely ethical reasons. The health benefits are a great added bonus, but it seems he’s doing it because of the animals and the huge amounts of resources it takes to farm them.

Yes, this does make him stand out from the crowd. Good for him! :up:

There was a thread about this in a non-veg forum I post at. It generated a very interesting discussion about the effects of meat eating on the environment. For once I wasn't fighting the veg corner alone and a lot of omnis learned a lot about the impact of their diet. There was only one single "mmm steak" comment in the whole thread.

So yay James :D