it will knock things off your coffee table

robert99

On the boat
Reaction score
Stop buying pedigree dogs. Stop breeding them. Stop these awful practices | Michele Hanson
My last old dog, which I rescued from a “top breeder and judge”, had a jaw that jutted so much that its front teeth didn’t meet properly, so the breeder was throwing it away. And its tail was docked. Why? I asked the breeder. “Because that’s the dog’s shape,” said she. No, I said, “It’s the dog’s shape with a bit hacked off.” But if you keep it on, said the breeder, “it will knock things off your coffee table, and whack your toddlers.”

Stop buying pedigree dogs. Stop breeding them. Stop these awful practices | Michele Hanson
My last old dog, which I rescued from a “top breeder and judge”, had a jaw that jutted so much that its front teeth didn’t meet properly, so the breeder was throwing it away. And its tail was docked. Why? I asked the breeder. “Because that’s the dog’s shape,” said she. No, I said, “It’s the dog’s shape with a bit hacked off.” But if you keep it on, said the breeder, “it will knock things off your coffee table, and whack your toddlers.”

She needs to be knocked off our planet. :fp:

Reactions: Second Summer
What humans continue to do to maximize certain physical traits, at the expense of health and often temperament, is horrendous.

F humans. F fing breeders.

But if you keep it on, said the breeder, “it will knock things off your coffee table, and whack your toddlers.”

Yeah, this brings back memories..... my family's dog was a bully. They tormented me with that... that.. TAIL.....

*breaks down sobbing from the memory... the cruel flogging every time Mom and Dad weren't looking*

Seriously, these things are changing. One of the last times I went to a pet store for supplies, I was talking to a woman who was waiting with her dog for a class to start. I mentioned that her dog looked like a Schnauzer- and they were- but with full-size ears and tail! She told me that, in Germany, docking the breed for an arbitrary breed standard, and not for medical reasons, is now against the law. I don't know if it was against the law here in the States at that time, but she had left her dog's ears and tail as they were.

OMG what a horrible reason. There is no reason but to even say that. What a jerk person.

"It will knock things off your coffee table"...you can pretty much say that about cats, too. They'll knock stuff off pretty much anything. :p