News It’s a good time to become a vegan

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Cool article about a new vegan and the Coronavirus lockdown.

''I steeled myself for a challenge that threatened to break my resolve. But as time passed, I was surprised to learn it isn’t harder to stick to my vegan diet during the lockdown. It’s easier.
In light of all this, I am not in the bad food mood I had anticipated at all, but experienced vegans knew all along this would be the case.''

The author did a really good job of breaking it down. And as a bonus even included some recipes.

The article has a comment section. Don't bother to read them - they are all your typical vegan haters.

Since we're all forced to stay at home, a lot, adapting a vegan diet at this time is one of the best ways to combat obesity.

Lockdown or not I've found that I struggle not to put weight on since I went vegan. I think it's because most days I manage to persuade myself that I've not consumed enough protein, so end up scoffing lots of roasted peanuts!

Reactions: Lou
Since we're all forced to stay at home, a lot, adapting a vegan diet at this time is one of the best ways to combat obesity.
I think you're right about the adapting part. When I first went vegan I had such a hard time with food, and wouldn't eat anything that remotely looked like meat. Now--hah! I'm eating everything and anything vegan, and gaining weight... :ignore:

Does look like lots of people are making bread as well as seitan!
I'm finishing up a 12 lb box of soy curls I got in December!

Yeah, when I went vegetarian three decades ago,, people kept telling me, "You're going to lose so much weight!" My response: " Brownies don't contain meat. "

No different with a vegan diet: You can eat too few calories, too many, or just the right number. You can eat healthy food or unhealthy food, or some of each.

But yeah, it's a good time to try out new recipes.

Reactions: Lou