Question Issues other than food

K

KEC 1977

I have tried veganism before but ultimately went back to being a vegetarian due to issues other than Food. I found that household products, clothes etc were so difficult to buy in supermarkets that were vegan friendly and I spent a lot of time trying to find right products. do you have any advice on how to incorporate this into everyday living and I found it extremely difficult. Thank you

Stupid question - do you still eat vegan or have you gone back to eating eggs, milk and dairy?

Reason for me asking - I understand it might be a challenge to find other vegan friendly things, but it's not an "all or nothing" situation. Even if you might not be able to be consistently vegan in all aspects of your life, if you can stick to vegan food, you are already helping a number of animals by not having them killed for food! :jump:

I agree with Andy - it is not an all or nothing thing. Eliminate eggs, meat and fish and maybe cheese/milk 100% from your diet and then try and do what you can in other areas.

Well done for what you have done already!

Perhaps you would do well to not label yourself as a vegan but mostly vegan.

Celebrate the fact that you can reduce your impact on animal cruelty by 99% even if that last 1% is difficult. You may be buying many non-vegan products but if they are mostly containing animal products in small quantities they are probably quite small compared to the impact caused by regular meat eating.

Buy the vegan products that you can easily find to start with, but don't overdo it on trying to get every product 100% vegan in all cases. I don't.

Build up your knowledge over time of what products are vegan and become steadily more vegan over time, but don't feel like you have to learn how to buy every product vegan overnight.

Reactions: KLS52
Hi there! :wave:
I totally get you! While I eat vegan and try to avoid animal products in as much as possible, I do step outside for things that otherwise drive me crazy.

When it comes to cleaning and personal products I do use a lot of home made things. I use homemade cleaners for almost everything-it's surprising that they can work even better when you learn to use them right! I've been using oil scrubs for my face, coconut and soda and corn starch and essential oil for deodorant-but I like the mineral stick better. I've found a great body soap at the Dollar Tree that's all veg and natural and made in USA.
You have to do what you can. I give people in the middle of nowhere a much greater pass than those who only need to care for themselves, and live in larger cities. Having a family is always going to be a challenge when you have other views