Is Your Breakfast Right For You ?

I often skip breakfast :D. I am never really hungry in the morning and I've been this way forever. I remember my mom always trying to get me to eat more in the morning. I'm up a good three or four hours before I put any thing but coffee or tea in my stomach. :D When I do have something (usually around 10:30 or 11 a.m.), it's fruit with protein, such as peanut butter. In the summer, I sometimes make smoothies.

What breakfast? LOL o_O I'd say it's rare when I have TWO meals a day, maybe an afternoon/mid-day snack (wouldn't call it "lunch"... but never breakfast.... my main meal is right about now (very late night/early morning). It's a schedule I became accustomed to many years ago.... long night of gigging (don't want to eat & get sluggish beforehand), finally get home & unwind, it's 3-4 AM & finally dinner-time.

Anyhoo, it's 20 to 2, so it's breakfast-time for someone, and I'll eat to that! ;)

Reactions: PTree15
Why is so much fuss constantly being made over breakfast? I've heard everything from how essential it is to how pointless it is lol.

I am personally a breakfast person, and have been my whole life. Always a light breakfast though, nothing heavy. I tend to be the opposite of a lot of people, eating very early but stopping by 5:30pm and nothing more til the next morning.

I've tried skipping breakfast and eating later, at 10 or 11, and my appetite would go way down but over time, as in weeks, of experimenting with this style, I would become extremely fatigued/exhausted. I think it has something to do with my thyroid disorder and needing a steady supply of energy, and also that I am an early morning workout person. But I probably ate less doing that too which caused some fatigue.

My partner goes all day without eating and only eats dinner often, and he hikes and works and does all this stuff and I honestly can't imagine lol. And the funny thing is he never loses weight but always maintains where he is. I would be emaciated if I ate like he does. Unless he is snacking sometimes that I don't know about.

I love breakfast foods. I think breakfast is my favourite meal. I usually have something on toast, scrambled tofu or baked beans or peanut butter or avocado and tomato.:) I used to love to buy fresh croissants when I was lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

I'm hungry now as it's almost 11 and I haven't eaten anything today yet, just coffee with almond milk.:D

Reactions: PTree15
I love breakfast foods. I think breakfast is my favourite meal. I usually have something on toast, scrambled tofu or baked beans or peanut butter or avocado and tomato.:) I used to love to buy fresh croissants when I was lacto-ovo-vegetarian.

I'm hungry now as it's almost 11 and I haven't eaten anything today yet, just coffee with almond milk.:D
I love breakfast foods as well; I just like eating them later in the day. :D I sometimes do "breakfast for dinner," either pancakes and homefries or some sort of scramble with toast.

who does not like toast? any time of the day really ... for many meals ... avocado on toast is wonderful!

Street Band singing about toast!

I had toast for dinner tonight and was feeling very guilty until I came to this thread, haha. I toasted
two big pieces of Italian bread and smothered them with Miyokos butter. Then I toasted a smaller piece and put jam on that one for dessert.

We just had (I just made) pumpkin pancakes, Redwood tempeh bacon, freshly squeezed (by me) orange juice (took a whole bag of oranges!) and very delicious coffee ... also from Starbucks ... their Veranda blend ...