Is my reason of being a vegetarian uncommon?

Saduku

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello people

I've been a vegetarian for almost a decade, but still I feel uncomfortable when people ask me "Why are you vegetarian?"
My usual answer is: I don't like meat and I feel way better without eating it.

I am not an animal rights advocate, but I believe that by being a vegetarian (90% of the time vegan) I would impact other people to stop eating meat.

I am curious to know if there are more people out there with a similar ideology. I would also appreciate if you could share some tips what would be the best way to explain myself to others what do I stand for.

I've been a vegetarian for almost a decade, but still I feel uncomfortable when people ask me "Why are you vegetarian?"
My usual answer is: I don't like meat and I feel way better without eating it.

No, not unusual at all. Growing up, I never liked the taste of meat, but I ate it because I thought I had to.

Your reason for not eating meat were similar to mine for not eating it ,as well as the sight and smell as well . It made it so easy to give up because of the reasons mentioned
O/K, it open my eyes in regard the the suffering side , I really watch cruelty videos, I cant stand them .

Over time, I have incorporated other reasons re not eating meat .

I find if someone ask why I don't eat meat , I just tell them , I don't like it , its a very good opener into the subject in regard the other reasons why people don't eat meat .

If they push you, just point out that there are foods that they don't like and wont eat, so that's why I don't eat meat .:)