Is Lab Grown Meat Vegan?

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score

Is lab-grown meat vegan? Could “test tube burgers” spell the end of animal exploitation? This video delves into the field of in vitro or cultured meat to see if “cellular agriculture” is a viable solution for healing the planet and ending animal suffering and slaughter. Find out why this is such a hot-button issue within the vegan community as we look at the pros and cons of lab grown meat. See the blog post linked in the description for citations and additional resources.

It's interesting that you put in the video how many hours it took to produce it. I was asking myself that very question. That was going to be the question I was going to ask. Great effort though. Very good and balanced video.

Not too sure what my conclusions are but I think it could be better than real meat ethically and worth doing if it could be done in the right way. Not sure I would want to eat it but if's ethically and environmentally better then it has to be worth considering.

There is no doubt that the public would be turned off by the ick factor. I think if they can sell it at a lower price for the same quality and avoid health scares or smears people would eventually use it though.

It's interesting that you put in the video how many hours it took to produce it. I was asking myself that very question. That was going to be the question I was going to ask. Great effort though. Very good and balanced video.

Not too sure what my conclusions are but I think it could be better than real meat ethically and worth doing if it could be done in the right way. Not sure I would want to eat it but if's ethically and environmentally better then it has to be worth considering.

There is no doubt that the public would be turned off by the ick factor. I think if they can sell it at a lower price for the same quality and avoid health scares or smears people would eventually use it though.

Thank you. I only do that for the more research-intensive videos. This one had nothing on my recent one about the state of the ocean though! That one was 159 hours!

And yes, the lab meat subject is very polarizing (even in one vegan!!) I think there is real potential, but also very real challenges.