Is it true that BUAV approved doesn't mean cruelty free?

alligatortears

Gigantically queer
Reaction score
I always relied on BUAV-approved as being the most reliable way of telling if something is cruelty free, then I saw this on Facebook, can anyone explain it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 698
This is the rest of the post
Does this mean BUAV approved means not tested on animals, just not necessarily vegan? Meaning if something is also labelled vegan it's okay?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 503
This is the rest of the post
Does this mean BUAV approved means not tested on animals, just not necessarily vegan? Meaning if something is also labelled vegan it's okay?
Yes, that's correct. Even with a vegan label it could still contain e.g. palm oil which is causing a lot of suffering because of habitat destruction. I think they burn down rainforest to plant palm trees. Orangutans tend to end of dead, as orphans, homeless etc in the process.

Yes, that's correct. Even with a vegan label it could still contain e.g. palm oil which is causing a lot of suffering because of habitat destruction. I think they burn down rainforest to plant palm trees. Orangutans tend to end of dead, as orphans, homeless etc in the process.

Some good news on that front ...

Quote is from a recent Greenpeace email I received:

We did it! Procter & Gamble have agreed to stop trashing the rainforest!

After nearly 400,000 of us around the world emailed P&G’s boss and thousands more campaigned in supermarkets, on the streets and on social media - they listened at last.

This morning, as I was still sipping my coffee, P&G published a jaw-dropping update on their website: “P&G’s new goals call for ensuring no deforestation in its entire palm supply chain.”

This is huge news. Now it’s up to us to hold P&G to this promise, and push other companies to join them. We’ve come this far because tens of thousands of us signed up to defend our beautiful forests - can you?

That's good news if they follow through with what they are claiming and don't just jump on the RSPO certification bandwagon. That's worth less than the paper its written on.