News Ireland legalises gay marriage

Huge Ireland vote for gay marriage - BBC News

I'm very proud of my Irish heritage today.:)
That is great, yay for Ireland!!
47d25b293ec1ca44f93d16fcec1daec1.jpg

Reactions: Dedalus
I am frankly quite surprised, both by the result and the wide margin. I thought the Irish were in thrall to the Roman Catholic church.

One of Ireland's most senior Catholic clerics has called for the Church to take a "reality check".

< sarcastic mode on >

Yeah, just like the RC Church has taken "reality checks" on its teachings about birth control and priestly celibacy.

< /sarcastic mode off >

I am an ex-Catholic. I have nothing against Catholics. But the Roman Catholic Church is something that I cannot affiliate with or support.

Well, it's a good thing nobody gives a crap what Westboro has to say about anything anymore, especially not since Fred Phelps became worm food. The media won't even show up to their protests anymore, thank goodness. They don't deserve the attention.

Reactions: Mischief
I sometimes wonder what it must be like, to be as hate filled as the Westboro people. Pathetic.

Well, it's a good thing nobody gives a crap what Westboro has to say about anything anymore, especially not since Fred Phelps became worm food. The media won't even show up to their protests anymore, thank goodness. They don't deserve the attention.
It is pretty much only Phelps' family in that "church". Membership at its peak was 40 people.

I know he was a terrible bigot and hurt a lot of people, but "worm food"? Gross me out.

It is pretty much only Phelps' family in that "church". Membership at its peak was 40 people.

I know he was a terrible bigot and hurt a lot of people, but "worm food"? Gross me out.

Worms have to eat, too.

I'm sure digesting him was unpleasant, but someone had to do it. Apologies to the worms for having to be the ones.