Introduction from an aspiring vegan

Eddie

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Omnivore
Hello, I'm Eddie. I'm an aspiring vegan. The main things in my life are College, books, weight loss, bodybuilding styled fitness, powerlifting, and gaming. I am 20 years old living with my father and going to college.

The reason I say that I'm an aspiring vegan and not a vegan is because I don't have full control of what I eat. I have control of how much I eat, but not fully what I eat. My family in my house are omnivores. They do buy fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts some, but I am not sure if what they buy is suffiecient enough to go fully vegan yet.

Over the next week I will document all of the non animal products in my house and ask people here if it's sufficient enough.

I am glad to be here, to learn, and meet a lot of people.

Last edited:
Hey Eddie,

Welcome to our little online community.

I am into lifting heavy stuff as well. What are you focusing on right now ? (weight loss and body building cannot happen at the same exact time).

Gab

Hey Eddie,

Welcome to our little online community.

I am into lifting heavy stuff as well. What are you focusing on right now ? (weight loss and body building cannot happen at the same exact time).

Gab
Weightloss, I use "bodybuilding" style workouts, i.e. 3x10 dumbbell bench, or bicep curls 3x10, so on. After I get to an acceptable weight I do plan on going full bodybuilding though.

I understand. So you are using bodybuilding style exercises, but without ingesting the protein amounts required to build (because your goal right now is to lose weight).

I like cycling for weight loss because it is low impact, meaning that you can do it for longer in one session, and that you recover faster from one session to the next.

Exercise contributes to weight loss but usually less than we think: half an hour of running burns about 250 calories.

I understand. So you are using bodybuilding style exercises, but without ingesting the protein amounts required to build (because your goal right now is to lose weight).

I like cycling for weight loss because it is low impact, meaning that you can do it for longer in one session, and that you recover faster from one session to the next.

Exercise contributes to weight loss but usually less than we think: half an hour of running burns about 250 calories.

I workout for an hour, do 15-30 minutes of cardio, and keep track of my calories, I stay below 300-800 below my maintenance. It's beek working out for a few months now.

Sounds good Eddie. You are probably losing weight just fine with that method :)

There are some youtube channels about vegan body building, for example vegan gains is one of them, showing the meals he eats too. Might give you some ideas.

Sounds good Eddie. You are probably losing weight just fine with that method :)

There are some youtube channels about vegan body building, for example vegan gains is one of them, showing the meals he eats too. Might give you some ideas.

Yeah, I watch Jon Venus and Brian Turner. I look up vegan gains