Animal Advocacy India Bans Testing on Animals For Cosmetic Products

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
"Effective today (Friday), the animal testing for cosmetic products and ingredients is outlawed throughout India. This is a huge victory for animals in laboratories," said Alokparna Sengupta, Humane Society International's Be Cruelty-Free India campaign manager.
Article: India Bans Testing of Animals For Cosmetic Products (NDTV, 24. May 2014)

I wonder where else it's banned. The article mentions Brazil, Australia and New Zealand. I know the EU has also banned it. Where else?

I am not sure about it being banned here as there are some creeps here who would oppose such a ban. But still, there are not a lot of high profile (ie, big famous makeup companies) here anyway, and most of the New Zealand ranges are the organic type stuff. They are not tested on animals, but they are at times not vegan, ie sometimes contain honey, or lip colour dye made from red beetles, etc. But it is not too hard to find vegan things. Lush is the best way to go a lot of the time, or my deodorant which is made in California and is organic and vegan.

It is good being close to AUstralia as they have a number of organic makeup labels too, also not tested on animals, though again there is a problem of some products not being vegan and it can be hard to find out which is in each product.