In praise of youth

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hi,

Last week a non-vegan friend remarked that she had recently noticed that more and more menus now seem to offer at least two vegan choices and said she thought it was mainly down to younger people. She is probably right. It is the young who can see that it is perhaps the one way they have to make a small but real difference in the world.

It was the young, because they tend to be so much more inclusive than wrinklies, who voted in the UK referendum to remain in the European Community. Power to the young! It is their future world that we are treating with disrespect in so many ways.

I remember once asking a young person, assuming it to be possible, if they would exchange their youth for my not inconsequential worldly worth. The proposition was a met with a wry smile.

Roger.

I don't eat out anymore, there are no vegan options in this town. But when I hear about the growing movement away from using animal products it is pleasing.

I've also noticed a seeming rise in vegan options at mainstream restaurants and some popular coffee shops. Additionally there seems to be more coverage of the lifestyle in UK news outlets and social media, too. :)