I'm new to this.

Michael Borowski

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
Hello all my name is Michael. I am interested in switching to a plant based diet and I don't know know where to go for good information. Any good book recommendations? I go to the gym 5 times a week and I worry that transitioning from meat will leave me weak. Any recommendations for meal plans that will work with muscle gain?

I'm the guy who always argues that we are meat eaters. I am always willing to change my lifestyle if it's for the better. And I really want to try the vegan diet for at minimum thirty days to see if I agree with the documentary I just watched. Any and all information/referrals will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, Michael

Hey Michael.

I work with a fitness craized person, he just seems to stuff his face with protein. Because I sit next to him I've somewhat convinced him that dairy/meat is not the way, but he still eats meat/dairy but less of it or so I'd like to think... Anyway, he's dropped dairy milk and has now drinks something called "Good Hemp" which has more protein than moo milk so maybe get yourself vegan protein shakes? I think my colleague uses this brand.

Anyway, I wouldn't say you're really missing anything nutrition based from transitioning from meat/dairy to plant based apart from this, but B12 is quite literally dirt. The whole "where do you get your protein joke" is irrelevant because there's protein in just about everything. :)

Let me know if you have any questions! Or there's other forum categories you can drop a thread in.