CA I'm new here

pondman2008

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Monday morning. I rise early determined to make changes and learn to live as a "happy aging" Canadian. I erroneously blame covid-19 for my current condition of sciatic nerve pain, 12 lbs heavier than last year and more medication than a drug dealer would sell to his clients in a year. There! This morning I ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY for where I am. Widowed four years ago, I met a wonderful woman who had "vaganized" her way to excellent health after losing her husband to cancer. We married not long after. Two healthy people newly in love. Now, almost three years later, walking like old people (are expected to walk) little blurred vision and intellectual confusion; I believe from beneficial drug overdosing, we've agreed to turn this ship around and joining the Vagan Forum is our means to this end-goal.
I've been known, or perhaps accused of clearing-a-room when I start on my know-more-than-you presentation but, fortunately my loving wife is quick to recognition and has learned to click my shut-off switch. Thank you for reading. We recording our starting positions, because we both know that diet, veganism is the way to go.

welcome to the forum, a fellow Canadian from the GTA with family in your area

I applaud your decision to switch to eating whole foods, plant-based, for your health and know that you will, in time, also appreciate the impact on the environment and on animals' lives too.

I live in a highrise with many people older than I am and so many are suffering needlessly from ailments that they could help control if only they would cut back or cut out their animal intake and eat more potatoes and carrots and beans and pasta and berries and fruits.

Your wife is wise to hit your off switch as living by example is a much kinder way to live and preaching about veganism can have the opposite effect to what you hope to achieve. Making and sharing amazing, simple vegan meals, dishes with others can help them to understand that there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I wish you all the best in this journey and we are here to help when/where we can.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place - we have lots of knowledgeable people here.

I think accepting responsibility is the key to getting started with any kind of self-improvement, so well done taking that first step!

Many see veganism as just a diet, although in my opinion it helps to think about it as something more than that. But we can come back to that later.

I think I've been to Canada only twice, sadly both times it was only briefly while on our way elsewhere.

Reactions: Lou and Emma JC