I'm a great-aunt!

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
:)

My nephew and his wife are the proud first-time parents of a baby boy born about an hour ago, 3 pounds, 12 ounces. He was born 7 weeks early (due May 28) but according to my sister's text, he's "breathing fine". I hope there are no serious complications because of how early he arrived, so I'm really nervous.

She just texted me, his name is Asher David. We'll probably just call him Ash. :p

I feel a little old now. *sigh* :oops:

I haven't talked to my sister yet; it's likely that because he's premature he'll have to spend some time in the hospital before he can go home.
Any good thoughts, good wishes, good vibrations would be good right about now. :starshower:

Congratulations, Amy! I am quite the fan of babies :yes: and will keep little Ash in my thoughts and prayers. :)

Congrats Amy!

Glad to hear he's doing well despite being so early and tiny. I will send good vibes their way that his health continues to stay well.

Congrats! He is almost 4 lbs, not bad for age. :) Tell her breastmilk is magic for early babies, even a drop or two if that is all she can get at first.

There are often setbacks with early babies; two steps forward, one step back. I LOVE the tiny ones!!:D

I'm not at the hospital; not sure when I'll get there. I'm quite certain that the new mother has every intention of breastfeeding the baby, plus she's at a very good hospital (Cedars-Sinai), so I'm not concerned about that.

She tried to do everything right during her pregnancy, so the baby does start out life with SOME advantages, but still, when he's premature... *bites nails*

Awww, profuse congrats, Amy! I will definitely send some good vibes Ash's way!

Thanks again. :D

My nephew just sent out an email announcement with some pics attached. *sigh* <3

As expected, baby is in the Neonatal ICU for now but is doing fine, and so is his mother. :yes:

^ Good news. :)

My husband and his identical twin only weighed just over one pound each when they were born. They were in an article in the newspaper at the time as they were the lightest babies born in that hospital.

Reactions: thefadedone
Just got an emailed pic from my sister of Asher getting bottled fed for the first time by his dad. He's tiny but looks bright-eyed and alert and is looking at his dad. I don't have any more new information about him, unfortunately.

He's going to be two weeks old tomorrow. :)

Just got an emailed pic from my sister of Asher getting bottled fed for the first time by his dad. He's tiny but looks bright-eyed and alert and is looking at his dad. I don't have any more new information about him, unfortunately.

He's going to be two weeks old tomorrow. :)
That gives me news that he is doing well, bottlefeeding with enough strength to open his eyes alertly. Did he have a tube In his nose, like for oxygen?