Ignore not functioning

Brian W

Conscientious Christian
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
I had somebody on ignore and didn't have to see his posts. Today he is marked as a Guest and I can see his posts but I can't put him back on ignore. I haven't changed anything. I really don't want to see this persons posts. :(

Reactions: silva
Hi Brian. I put their account on moderation and soon after that they asked to be deleted. So because the account is now deleted, they are no longer a member/user, and that is probably why their posts can't be ignored. Sorry, but there's not a lot we can do about it.

We still may or may not end up moving or removing some of their posts, but that will require some time & effort.

Reactions: Brian W and silva
Not sorry! Like they cut strips of info on nutrition and mixed them all up!
Their perspective on veganism would make most interested think twice!

• Agree
Reactions: Brian W
Hi Brian. I put their account on moderation and soon after that they asked to be deleted. So because the account is now deleted, they are no longer a member/user, and that is probably why their posts can't be ignored. Sorry, but there's not a lot we can do about it.

We still may or may not end up moving or removing some of their posts, but that will require some time & effort.
Well don't worry about it for my sake. As long as they can't post anything else I'll live with it. Thank you.

Reactions: Lou and Veganite
Can someone create an account with the same name as a deleted account?

If so, you may want to refuse to delete accounts, and only delete posts.

Can someone create an account with the same name as a deleted account?

If so, you may want to refuse to delete accounts, and only delete posts.
Yes, they can. But they won't "inherit" the posts from the deleted account. So I don't really see a problem with it - care to explain? Do you think it will be confusing?

On other boards I've seen people recycle deleted account names to go trolling "in that person's name".
I see. Well, I think I'll just try to address the issue if/when it happens here. Obviously, someone who chooses the same username as some infamous deleted user will unavoidably raise eyebrows amongst the moderators and be put under more scrutiny than a regular newbie.

I see. Well, I think I'll just try to address the issue if/when it happens here. Obviously, someone who chooses the same username as some infamous deleted user will unavoidably raise eyebrows amongst the moderators and be put under more scrutiny than a regular newbie.
There is a setting in XF2.x that sets a time on when a username can be reused. It's under the setup, options, user registration, at re very bottom of the page. On the site I run, it is set to 180 days. I don't know if that is something the original owner set it to, it if that is the default but basically you can prevent the recycling of usernames if you want to (and may already be doing so without realising?)

There is a setting in XF2.x that sets a time on when a username can be reused. It's under the setup, options, user registration, at re very bottom of the page. On the site I run, it is set to 180 days. I don't know if that is something the original owner set it to, it if that is the default but basically you can prevent the recycling of usernames if you want to (and may already be doing so without realising?)
Thank you, that's super helpful. We had it set to 100 days, but I've increased it to 180 now.

Reactions: Connie