If you had Superman's powers, what would you do for the veggie, and animal, cause?

I’d lift all the slaughterhouses off their foundations and hurl them into the sun. And then, as Clark Kent, I’d have an article, complete with horrific and gory pictures, published in the Daily Planet every single day exposing the barbarity and cruelty of slaughterhouses so nobody would allow them to be reestablished.

Actually, since I'm a woman, I'd be Lois Lane, intrepid Daily Planet reporter, but as Lois Lane, I'd convince Superman to do the hurling of the slaughterhouses into the sun, and I'd be the one writing the articles with the horrific and gory pictures. I'd have Superman/Clark Kent, with his x-ray vision, help me with the research.

...Actually, since I'm a woman, I'd be Lois Lane, intrepid Daily Planet reporter, but as Lois Lane, I'd convince Superman to do the hurling of the slaughterhouses into the sun, and I'd be the one writing the articles with the horrific and gory pictures. I'd have Superman/Clark Kent, with his x-ray vision, help me with the research.
Or you could be Superman's cousin Supergirl... or maybe one of the Marvel heroines like Phoenix, Sue Storm (the Invisible Girl), or Storm.

You could have a lot of fun as Sue Storm. Besides invisibility, she could also create force fields and do psychokinesis. Just imagine: you could go in there invisible, before the day's work started, and mess with them using your psychokinetic powers.... make their knives float in the air and start chasing them around, etc. The ALF would be green with envy.

If I were Superman... First, I'd announce I was veg, and dare anybody to ask me where I get my protein. I'd improvise from there. If the bottle city of Kandor has any Kryptonian cows, maybe I could turn one loose on the slaughterhouse staff.

Reactions: Amy SF
I'd organize the workers to demand better wages and working conditions, going on strikes and work stoppages until all the factory farms and slaughterhouses went out of business. And then I'd organize the workers to form their own food co-ops, with farms for growing fruits and vegetables, and animal sanctuaries for, well, the animals.

I would fly hi speed around the world causing time to go backwards.

Then I'd laugh at the children crying because their chicken nuggets are clucking and their bacon sandwiches have turned into Babe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom L. and Amy SF
I'd show people that you can be vegetarian and have superpowers

I think you're going a bit too far there Crunchy ...

It is scientifically (kinda) proven that it causes brain damage when people encounter a vegan who is merely still alive.

Wide-scale awareness that a vegetarian with super powers exists could bring something dangerously close to a zombie apocalypse about.

Reactions: Amy SF
LOL@CG's post

Reminds me of when I told a neighbor of mine - an elderly French lady - that I was a vegetarian. She gasped audibly and took a step back, like I'd just told her I murdered someone. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Second Summer
You have to get the human population down as much as anything. Other species would still be in bad shape even if most people in the world went vegan. The nuclear issue must be addressed too.