Religion I have a Faith and government concern ....

peacefulveglady

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello
I have a friend that sends out in lump sum of emails and she is a Christian Faith believer, Today she emailed everyone this what should i do about this?

We weren't able to get out to church, so I worshipped in Atlanta this morning = ) Dr. Youssef concluded the How Shall We Live Now? series...WOW what a message!!! What is the role of the church of Jesus Christ in government? The role of government in the church? The Founders and Framers drew from scripture. 'We the People' hold people in power to the Constitution. The POTUS takes an oath on the Bible to uphold the Constitution of the United States. When a ruler makes laws that go against that oath, they usurp the authority of God and must be held accountable. The state should never be above the clergy, and the clergy must not rule the state. We must hold the state accountable to the Truth. Daniel and his friends were under tremendous pressure to conform and not rock the boat. They refused to bow to the king or compromise, even though they were falsely accused of plotting against the government. Daniel purposed it in his heart not to take the 'junk food' of the culture. Great victories are won on small matters

Seems quite simple to me, but then I have only superficially googled the issue ...

Separation of church and state in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Separation of church and state" is a phrase used by Thomas Jefferson and others expressing an understanding of the intent and function of the Establishment Clause and Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States which reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Your friend seems to be turning around the constitution (that you all seem to hold so dear) by 180 degrees....

Explain to her that it is funny in the way that the people who arrived in America on the "Mayflower" had fled from religious oppression to find a place in which everybody could follow his/her own belief. Seems she would not approve of that.