I am suffering from an inferiority complex

rogerjolly

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I am very impressed with most of the minor changes recently made on the forum but there is one that irks somewhat.

In the “members on line” panel Indian Summer’s name currently appears not only in bold but in a terribly garish red. Moderator’s names are also in bold and in a slightly less garish orange.

It is as though the administrator is to be depicted as the Great Spirit in the sky and his helpers as his angels. The rest of us have to get by with un-bolded bog-standard dark type.

Ah, come on guys. I love you all and you do a wonderful job but do you really have to put yourselves so high above the rest of us poor underlings? ;)

Roger.

Hi Roger!

Sorry to hear this particular change isn't sitting so well with you - that wasn't exactly how I intended the coloured staff usernames to come across :) In my experience with Internet forums, differently coloured usernames is a fairly common phenomenon. The primary intention is to enable members to easily find an available staff person in case there is any sort of urgent problem that requires their intervention.

However, if there is a more general discomfort amongst our members about the username colours, then I could perhaps be persuaded to change the colours a bit to make them not stand out quite as much.

Hi Roger!

Sorry to hear this particular change isn't sitting so well with you - that wasn't exactly how I intended the coloured staff usernames to come across :) In my experience with Internet forums, differently coloured usernames is a fairly common phenomenon. The primary intention is to enable members to easily find an available staff person in case there is any sort of urgent problem that requires their intervention.

However, if there is a more general discomfort amongst our members about the username colours, then I could perhaps be persuaded to change the colours a bit to make them not stand out quite as much.

He is joking. that is why he put the winky face in.

Sheesh. some people. ;)

I just hope there won't be a problem when I make the announcement about how you can get a special green username in exchange for a modest contribution o_O

Actually I don't like that. I'm willing to chip a little in on operating costs...and asked Damo about doing so in the past...but I don't like the idea of differentiating between those who've paid and those who haven't.

I was thinking it was that way because of Xmas 😂

I think it because we are the rainbow bunch. Nothing like having lots of different colours. :) I should actually be brown, as I am
both a staff and contributing member. So, hey, I'm going to complain 🤣

I just think that people get used to them and don't give them more thought than it's worth. They have very
little significance if you really think about it. :p

Reactions: Brian W