I accidentally ate meat!

its.leisha

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Pescetarian
I accidentally ate meat and I don’t know what to do

So i’ve been pescatarian for 10 months and today i accidentally ate some turkey I believe. It wasn’t intentional, my mom made soup usually she makes 2 separate dishes, one with meat for her and one without, for me. However she said she didn’t wash the spoon used to mix to soup with. I don’t believe it was a big chunk of turkey i accidentally ate, other wise i would have noticed immediately. It was probably very small however i’m worried this wasn’t the first time. Like i said, i’ve been pescaterian for 10 months and i don’t know if i should restart or recount, if that makes sense. I feel really bad and I’m really upset about this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
Hi Leisha, as it was accidental, I don't think that "counts". Just take measures to try and prevent it from happening again. When someone is still relatively new to a diet, it's not so uncommon that they make mistakes. No biggie, just keep at it, and one day this will seem like a distant memory. Maybe you'll even go vegan at some point, who knows?

Welcome to VF!

Hi Leisha, as it was accidental, I don't think that "counts". Just take measures to try and prevent it from happening again. When someone is still relatively new to a diet, it's not so uncommon that they make mistakes. No biggie, just keep at it, and one day this will seem like a distant memory. Maybe you'll even go vegan at some point, who knows?

Welcome to VF!
Thank you so much, that really helps!

Accidental is just that, it is not something you have purposefully done or had any control over so I wouldn't worry about it. I know you didn't want to eat it so I don't see the reason for a restart at all. It also isn't a contest so you don't have to really calculate your time being a pescetarian.

You being a pescetarian though I would like to, As Emma JC did, point you to the documentary Seaspriracy on Netflix. The piece of fish on your plate is not as harmless as it seems.

I as in Key West Fl 2 years ago and had gone to Burger King to try their Beyond Meat Burger and had specifically said to the counter person l was Vegan and did NOT want the regular burger...so l get it and am seated inside and eating the burger when l notice the wrapper was labeled as a regular burger so l went back to the counter and presented my receipt and asked what l was served..they said a regular burger and not the Vegan Burger! I was livid! and asked for a Manager who when confronted offered me the Vegan Burger for free! I said it was not a matter of money it was ethical! NEVER AGAIN...I don't care if was for a green leaf salad , would l ever go back to Burger King...its all just about money to them...they realized their Meat Burger sales were down so tried to cater to us Non Meat Eaters.